Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Haz

C & S

Re: Are these pumps any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:16:29 pm »
Yes.

I use them fine.

Buy and have a couple of spares in van.

1 shurflo or 7 of these?

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:39:06 pm »
If you use a Univalve you will probably find it won’t work with that pump as both the pressure and flow rate are too high if they are unregulated.
If you use it with a digital controller that has a cal feature and dial it right back you should be OK.

carl stanton

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:51:58 am »
Have been using one for a few years.  Using with a tap or pinching the hose. Though I believe my psi is lower. Used for standard Maintenace cleans and larger jobs so used for a long time in a single run.

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:03:31 am »
When it come to your job/living do you really want to be relying on cheap rubbish, unless you're building a backpack for occasional use then I would stick to Shurflo.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:20 am »
I use similar ones off eBay, about £12 a go.

Got about 6 in the van.

Some last a few months, some last a couple of years.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 08:44:19 am »
a shurflo pump is really not expensive and will  last you years and years......why would you want to buy 5 or 6 of these pumps and faff about changing them when they break after a few months? ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

jk999

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 12:20:36 pm »
I never ever got more than a couple of months out of them so I went back to a sureflow

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 05:40:21 pm »
The pump part of these units is actually quite robust and will last for quite a time. The problem with them is the pressure switch. The cutoff pressure is set way too high on most of them  (Most seem to be between 115-160 PSI).  As a result the current being drawn at the point the pressure switch operates is quite high and the microswitches in them burn out quite quick rendering the whole pump useless.
I work with 70 PSI which is more than adequate for three storey work.
If you can find a workaround like fitting the 40amp relay as I suggested earlier or use a controller that you can calibrate the Dead End current with, you can make them last quite a long time.
They are great on trolleys as they are so light and you can run them off quite small batteries thus saving more weight.
On a van though I'd opt for a Shurflo.