Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Backpack Question
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:38:39 pm »
Silly question i know but, i'm planning on using backpack alongside our 2 man system later next week to try and catch up with getting behind due to snow as there will be 3 of us on the road.  Whats the easiest way to get water from tank/25l drum into the backpack, without the obvious answer of breaking your back tipping it in.  Was thinking of just using some clear 1/2 hose to siphon water.  Never done before so thought id ask see if anybody else does this.

Cheers

nathankaye

Re: Backpack Question
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:17:52 am »
If its only a temporary thing, then yes just syphon it in, but get perhaps an inc diameter hose for quicker filling.

Or alternatively google submersible bilge pumps which arent overly expensive and can fill your backpack in less than a minute
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:18:37 am »
Silly question i know but, i'm planning on using backpack alongside our 2 man system later next week to try and catch up with getting behind due to snow as there will be 3 of us on the road.  Whats the easiest way to get water from tank/25l drum into the backpack, without the obvious answer of breaking your back tipping it in.  Was thinking of just using some clear 1/2 hose to siphon water.  Never done before so thought id ask see if anybody else does this.

Cheers
If it's just a one off situation I would just fill barrels, if you are going to be using the backpack more often maybe look at getting another 1" outlet out of your main tank along with a 1"male/male hex, a 1" female/female tap, a 1" male to barb and a short piece of 1" hose.  Alternatively if you don't want to drill into your tank could use an equal T  instead of an elbow from your existing outlet, you would then run a short piece of hose from the equal T, although this way would  be a slower fill as your hose and tap would probably be 5/8".

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 04:12:44 pm »
We have a take off from the tank before the pumps (tee piece with tap and 1 meter of hose) backpack fills in about 3 minutes with gravity

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 07:38:30 pm »
3 min is a long time to fill a backpack, I'd just use the 25l container and keep your chin up and back straight. Or use

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 07:39:53 pm »
Laptop just got hijacked! Use a small pump box like Mark M recently posted.