Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DeLuce

Re: Slick Connect
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 01:11:09 pm »

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 02:42:11 pm »
Bought one, bigger than you might expect. I'd recently changed to a DIY hoseless set up and it worked O8K. Still got stuck on stuff but not as much as the protectaballs.

I've started to use straight inline connectors 8mm to 6mm with no clips as the fit is really tight (lot's of hot water needed). I consider it a bad day if the hose snags more than 3 or 4 times now. It used to be 3 or4 times a job.

How do you change poles if the pole hose and the microbore are permanently connected? Or do you permanently use the same pole?

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 03:55:36 pm »
Bought one, bigger than you might expect. I'd recently changed to a DIY hoseless set up and it worked OK. Still got stuck on stuff but not as much as the protectaballs.

I've started to use straight inline connectors 8mm to 6mm with no clips as the fit is really tight (lot's of hot water needed). I consider it a bad day if the hose snags more than 3 or 4 times now. It used to be 3 or4 times a job.

Do you connect micro bore on the 8 side and pole hose on the 6 side , does it stay without clips , and most important are you running hot ?

Yep micro on the 8mm and Gardiner green PU on the 6mm stays without clips no problem. Don't use hot water.

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 04:06:50 pm »
Bought one, bigger than you might expect. I'd recently changed to a DIY hoseless set up and it worked OK. Still got stuck on stuff but not as much as the protectaballs.

Can I ask how you did the diy hoseless?

That’s a good idea with the barb fitting you have, means all your hose reels back onto the reel during the day too which would save me a bit of time. Im Always looking for more efficiency.

I copied what's in the you tube vid below.  But I also used a washer at the top as well where the pole hose exits the gooseneck. Did it to the 4 poles I have in the van and have to say it's been the best thing I've done. Neater and tidier a bit quicker and no water dripping everywhere.

https://youtu.be/lPFwRnTdMho

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 04:10:18 pm »
Bought one, bigger than you might expect. I'd recently changed to a DIY hoseless set up and it worked O8K. Still got stuck on stuff but not as much as the protectaballs.

How do you change poles if the pole hose and the microbore are permanently connected? Or do you permanently use the same pole?

Did the hoseless conversion in the vid above so rectus 21 on the end of the pole hose thats connected to the microbore then connects to any of the poles that have the rectus male sat at the bottom of section 1.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »

Did the hoseless conversion in the vid above so rectus 21 on the end of the pole hose thats connected to the microbore then connects to any of the poles that have the rectus male sat at the bottom of section 1.

we dont do it like this due to using the uni-value we have two inc tails hanging from the bottom of the closed pole , same idear as the video but no need for the extra washer and clip at the top