Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Alexander Swan ?
« on: April 16, 2017, 05:14:49 pm »
Anybody with them , do they only insure tanks that have been pro fitted , it seems to be harder to get insurance for diy fits every year !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Lee GLS

Re: Alexander Swan ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 06:08:09 pm »
I've used them in the past yes they do cover pro fitted systems, but are expensive. Aplan and Adrian flux also cover tanks and usually cheaper than Alexander swan.

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 07:30:16 pm »
Well im diy fitted so they are gonna not like me too much are they , i was just thrown by the fact that they say they can tailor a policy to what people need cover wise .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:45:14 pm »
I'm with Alexander Swan. Not had a problem. 500 litre bolted down DIY fitted delivery tank with tools cover in a locked van, & a Reach & Wash vehicle on my drive within a couple of days if I have an accident and my van is off the road.

Without getting into a debate about whether ratcheted tanks are loads & whether bolted tanks are modified vehicles, I have to say that personally I like to be honest with my insurer & have piece of mind that I am covered.

Yes you'll  find cheaper cover, maybe even with a low excess but I can sleep at night knowing I've been totally honest & if I have an accident I've done everything reasonably possible to hopefully get paid out and/or not sued.

Divide the expenses deductible premium by 52 weeks of the year and it's about the cost of one domestic house a week. Not bad I think.

Wfp is still relatively new and until insurers decide what is & isn't regarded as a load or modification I think we have limited options unless your willing to take a chance. Personally I'm not.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 11:31:52 pm »
I've been with A-Plan and Alexander Swan and both put in writing that I have a tank (650L) and both know it was DiY fitted.
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »
I've been with A-Plan and Alexander Swan and both put in writing that I have a tank (650L) and both know it was DiY fitted.

Dito,  i have a 500ltr diy system in van. Trus it was a more expensive than the company i used the year before and so was looking for cheaper, but it seems to cover my needs and im happy with that.  But......i'll wait till i get my second year quote from them 😉
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 10:59:35 pm »
I have a 1000 ltr tank hot system with Alexander swan cannot fault there service you get what you pay for , I've had two non fault accidents and both times they were brilliant replacement van delivers on my drive in 24 hours so could continue with my work as far as Ime concerned very good value for money you won't get that service with Adrian flux or a plan been with both of them absolutely useless