Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

stain solution for lovley customer
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:10:22 pm »
Whilst doing other stuff, looked at stain on 80/20 beige twist 7 yrs old. little dog had been sick ,customer  cleaned up the white bile, has left slightly lighter/faint yellowy area on carpet. I feel it has taken colour out and cleaning/reducing may make little difference.
I said I would put it too my experienced friends for their suggestions.....any ideas? Thanks Simon

scott johns

Re: stain solution for lovley customer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »
unfortunately the damage has been done there is a small chance of improvement if the carpet had been
protected but I would not guarantee it good luck

edward coller

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:47:19 pm »
Thanks my thoughts, any one with the miracle cure?

Tony Stewart

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 04:52:03 pm »
Had one last week - cat sick on carpet and son had tried a diy remedy including a steamer. Cleaned it put a reducer on it and it left a faint tinge. Customer calls me the next day saying that she wants her money back for all the cleaning as it hasn't been cleaned properly.
I knew it would not come out and so I gave her her money back for the lounge clean.............and I moved on in my life. First refund I have ever given!
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

derikraven

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:25:16 pm »
The bile from the pets stomach will almost certainly have "bleached" the carpet. There is really no point in trying to do anything with it. You could end up making matters worse.

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:26:52 am »
Get a selection of heat setable fabric pens in different shades. Handy for recolouring small areas. If it doesn't look right just wipe it off with a damp towel. If its a good match then just set it with a hot hairdryer.

edward coller

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »
Thank you all guys ,appreciate all your answers. Simon