Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H Coulthard

John martin
« on: March 24, 2017, 01:40:12 pm »
Hi John hope your well could u send me the sizes of the bits of metal and hole mounts u fit to change the vacuum motor to a 6.6 as I did on my old machine last year. Thank you in advance

Buckland

Re: John martin
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:58:21 pm »
Sorry to hijack the thread but can JM tell me why I cannot simply swap these two vac motors from sebo vac cleaners - the one on the right is from an older model and I tried to test it in a later body but whenever I connect it up and turn it on, one of the spade connectors just flies off with the power surge - why are these two motors not interchangeable - one of them (the defunct newer motor) is earthed. Thanks and again sorry to hijack the thread but JM is the man for this sort of thing...
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:15:19 pm »
Hello  :)   thats very interesting  ...     im not sure i fully understand  ,  when u turn on the machine the spade connector comes off ?  how does that happen , is the motor not securely bolted in ?  and is the spade connector not tight ?   
If the motor is not bolted down and u switched it on it would jump around or twist alright ?   

Buckland

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:27:39 pm »
Thanks John - no I was just testing with the replacement vac out of the machine but connected - there are two black wires with spades and one or the other flies off after two or three seconds and motor stops running obviously - disconnects itself in effect!

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:48 pm »
if the motors secure then all that would make the connectors fry off is if they are loose ( squeeze them with a plyers ) or there is a blast of exhaust air helping to remove the wire ? again , it must be loose ...     electricty or any power related thing will not cause a spade connector to disconnect itself .

Buckland

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »
Thanks - can you (i.e. me, tries hard, but basically incompetent when electricity is involved!) connect the black leads wrong way round and hence reverse polarity and make vac motor spin other way? or do damage in another way? Btw these are amazing little vac motors in the sebo 46/36 - I did not realize they were so small!

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 05:16:12 pm »
i doubt it ,  you would have to reverse the connections to the field coil and armature ,  so as it is it will just spin one way or not at all .  old vintage hoovers could expell dust by blowing out ... but they had some trick switch involved