Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Quite unbelievable..really..
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:56:38 am »
Just picked up another customer this morning from the new website. That's now 4 new website customers in 1 month. I think that's pretty good going.   ;D 8)

Anyway...this lady has been having her windows cleaned by her old window cleaner for a number of years and she originally just wanted me to quote for insides. So I agreed, and booked her in to quote. I then get an email asking can I actually quote for outsides and insides...innitally puzzled. .I asked her is she not happy with her current windy..and she wasn't overly impressed as he used that water pole thingy.

So anyway with a smile on my face I call on her and give her the prices, she then asked to look in my van...and a pit puzzled I showed her and she had a good look at the tank etc etc.

Hmm mm I knew it she said. I'm like what? The cheeky bugger had been using her tap water to wash the windows , I can see you have a full deionised system here..

To add insult to injury he said that the water spots are normal as that's what happens when water dries it leaves spots it's how you know they have been cleaned recently, he charged her £30 for this, and he usesld her water to clean the opposite houses.

It's laughable....

Smurf

Re: Quite unbelievable..really..
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:10:14 am »
No wonder wfp has a bad name. lol

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:43:25 am »
Goes to show that people will believe anything as well. Perhaps he had been using the same line to all his customers and they've all got spotted windows.

I once told a customer I used a special additives to add shine because she wasnt happy with the last wfp windy. I just used normal pure and she was amazed wow I can see the difference she says.

Placebo beeatch

Don Simon

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 12:01:00 pm »
You have a lot of patience, I get bored of explaing how the wfp system system only for them to look at you with a vacant epression
as if you were trying to teach then nuclear physics !
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:18:54 pm »
Well it looks like you might pick more work up in that area then. Might be worth canvassing
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Scrimble

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 01:53:32 pm »
4 new customers in a month good? are you joking? I would consider that awful,  should be more than 4 customers per day

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:55 pm »
4 new customers in a month good? are you joking? I would consider that awful,  should be more than 4 customers per day

Not sure if you are considering the demographic location. I don't know what sort of customers you have or what prices you get up in Staffordshire; but I had neglected my website for 4 years and hadn't recived a bean from the site at all, most of my new business came from word of mouth.

Since the new site went live I think that's good going at an average price of £40 per clean for bi monthly that's £960 per year of new business, if we keep those averages for 4 new customers a month then that's on target for £11k forcast in new business capabilities taking into account the current trends just from the website.

How many customer's do get through your website scrumble?   

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 03:35:37 pm »
you gotta love this forum  ;D..good on ya mark least you know its starting to work again can only get better.

Marc Stock

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 03:43:52 pm »
 ;D ::)roll

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 04:00:55 pm »

Im not surprised everyone else in the country is struggling to find new custards if your getting 4 enquiries a day. Stop hogging all the new enquiries 😥

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 04:37:30 pm »

Not sure if you are considering the demographic location. I don't know what sort of customers you have or what prices you get up in Staffordshire; but I had neglected my website for 4 years and hadn't recived a bean from the site at all, most of my new business came from word of mouth.

Since the new site went live I think that's good going at an average price of £40 per clean for bi monthly that's £960 per year of new business, if we keep those averages for 4 new customers a month then that's on target for £11k forcast in new business capabilities taking into account the current trends just from the website.

How many customer's do get through your website scrumble?
............i think thats good

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 05:03:48 pm »
We have a local wfp cowboy as well - never seems to be short of work even although he does a terrible job.

Anyway, just helping move mother in law into a council owned old people's bungalow. I see the local trad windie exit out of McNicols across the road with a tin of Heinekin in his hand and sits down on the neighbours front steps smoking a rolled cigarette and taking a couple of swigs from his beer.  Lunch time?  Rocks up as I unloading the car asking if we want a window cleaner. He stank of beer.

"Just £4 every 2 weeks."

"No thanks mate, and thanks so much for asking; but I think we can manage doing them for a while."

"Alright then, just give me a shout if you change your mind."

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)