Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Fastar heater water leak resolved ish
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »
Thought I would investgate why the heater started to leak when the wfp was turned off before I binned it.

Turns out it was leaking where the pipe is squashed down where the sensor it fitted. To find out where exactly the water leak was coming from I ended up having to  dismantle it completely and take it out of the case. That was a challenge to say the least what with me shakes and all. 22 screws later and a load of wiring disconnected I'm not convinced it will go back as it should either. lol

Anyhow as I wanted to continue to have a play I put on some evo-stik metal epoxy putty to try to fix the leak. Thought it had whilst still out of the case but as soon as I kinked the outlet house it started leaking again. Now I've just put on some more so will see how that goes at fixing the leak.

Must say though the heater ran sweet for yonks before this problem so I'm guessing after a while  a weakness develops in this particular type heater. Mind I maybe just unlucky as the hot water outlet pipe did look dodgy when I bought it as was out of aliment compared to the inlet. lol

Tosh

Re: Fastar heater water leak resolved ish
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 04:23:40 pm »
My inlet aint aligned wth my outlet either. And I’m not talking my heater.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:44:20 pm »
That reminds me of an old jasper carrot joke about a dog...lol

Result! I've got it working again. For how long though is anybody guess.

dave f

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 06:39:38 am »
until it goes bang  I had a fog wash which had a leak on a diaphragm  fixed it with gasket sealant  put it all back turned  on had a blow back  shat me self so it went in the bin they are not worth reaparing for the amount they cost

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 09:25:11 am »
It was small water leak on the hot water outlet side not a gas leak which would have gone straight in the bin.
Mind like you say they are cheap as chips to replace.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 07:25:53 am »
Chatting to a customer yesterday who was in the middle of converting a van to a motorhome. He showed me the  metal box his gas cylinder was in with floor vent at the bottom. Nearly had a fit when I told him how my boiler was fixed before.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 09:58:39 am »
ill never put one of them gas boilers in my van again!once you ve had a leak and a loud bang and flash of gas igniting.you dont forget it.never again! ::)roll

at the time id not even paid the first installment of my lease payment on my new van either! :o
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 10:21:27 am »
ill never put one of them gas boilers in my van again!once you ve had a leak and a loud bang and flash of gas igniting.you dont forget it.never again! ::)roll

at the time id not even paid the first installment of my lease payment on my new van either! :o

I supposed in a way it's a bit like ignoring red engine warning lights when they are on. lol

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 12:46:38 pm »

I supposed in a way it's a bit like ignoring red engine warning lights when they are on. lol

no its not.your gas boiler could spring a gas leak at any time without you knowing and while your working round the back of a property plus you wont be insured if your van goes up in flames.its just not worth it mate but its up to you. :)
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »

no its not.your gas boiler could spring a gas leak at any time without you knowing and while your working round the back of a property plus you wont be insured if your van goes up in flames.its just not worth it mate but its up to you. :)

Could also put the blame on the installer I suppose.