Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

CFR eco 500 recycling water
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:54:29 pm »
I've just took ownership of one of these machines in part exchange for some of my gear but am confused as to how it can use recycled water....surely it's still going to be dirty?? Can anyone who uses one explain or clarify if it does work..
I don't know whether to use this machine and sell my steempro or just sell the CFR.
That's another question does anyone know the approx value of a CFR eco 500 (machine only)

Jamie Pearson

Re: CFR eco 500 recycling water
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:18:17 am »
The principal is that it filters enough of the soil out to not make a difference.

If you think about how a normal wand it sprays clean water in that becomes dirty then sucks it back out so you arent really ever leaving completely clean water in the carpet at any point.

The only thing that you will struggle with is if there is any kind of contamination like urine that will be diluted and spread throughout the carpet.

The machines work really well but filters can clog quickly on really dirty stuff if it hasnt been pre-vac'd well. Meaning cleaning filters as often as filling a two tank portable.

We find them great for hotel work which is mainly freshen ups with some spots needing removed or for those annual domestic maintenance cleans for people who have nice carpets and keep on top of them.

For the nasties a 2 tank is gonna be better.

Steven Butler

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:07:32 pm »
Thankyou very much for that reply.

I've just tested it and I'm tempted to keep it over the steempro purely for the extra psi.

Can I just ask a question about the heater....is mine faulty or just GOOD it turned freezing water absolutely boiling almost straight away. My heat and run is nowhere near that heat.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:13:12 am »
The heater is 3kW rather than the 1.8kW of your heat n run.

You may also have a Perfect Heat version with the copper coils that work like heat exchangers to pre-heat the water using heat soak from the vacs to give you an extra boost.