Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil 47

FB groups
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:15:07 am »
There is tons of FB groups sprouting up on FB are these a help or a hiddrance to cc as a lot seems to be suppliers and snake oil salesmen that frequent these groups .

Any that I have been on I have now deleted as I can't see any benifit to them .
IICRC

Craig A Moore

Re: FB groups
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:00:45 pm »
I find most a waste of time to be honest I'm only on so I'm seen

Steven Butler

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »
I'm not on Facebook as you know Neil...personal or business

Robin Ray

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 04:24:58 pm »
Quite a lot of it is all the same old information and discussions, after all there is only so much you can say about carpet cleaning. I find it all a bit overwhelming infact its so much information I have tended to be online less than before.  Some of the groups do seem to revolve around particular brands, but that might be a good thing as you can go straight to the group you need and should be able to get the answer you need.

There will always be the same old questions though..... Are Rug doctors a good machine? Whats the best prespray? do leaflets work? is M power good on cornflakes? are TM or portables better? etc... etc.... ::)roll

john martin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 05:53:08 pm »
What's the answer to the last question robin , now that you know ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:32:11 pm »
TM's  :D

Pressure, Flow, Vacuum, Heat, Low set up time.

Richard Tara

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:03:35 pm »
TM's  :D

Pressure, Flow, Vacuum, Heat, Low set up time.

How's your new toy Robin ?
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:52 pm »
Its impressive..

It has more power and heat at 150ft than my previous set up at 25 ft. To be fair they cant really be compared. It slashes time off of larger jobs like restaurants. It puts out up to 200 degrees F with only one heat exchanger on.

Im having a couple of teething troubles at the moment so its going back to Craig Lincoln to be sorted while i'm on holiday. I'm sure it will be perfect when i get back.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 09:20:26 pm »
Welcome to the TM side...it's the amount of flow that is always impressive at a high temperature. Enjoy the cleaning Robin!
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Richard Tara

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:36 pm »
Its impressive..

It has more power and heat at 150ft than my previous set up at 25 ft. To be fair they cant really be compared. It slashes time off of larger jobs like restaurants. It puts out up to 200 degrees F with only one heat exchanger on.

Im having a couple of teething troubles at the moment so its going back to Craig Lincoln to be sorted while i'm on holiday. I'm sure it will be perfect when i get back.
:'(     
Glad you like it.... Bought the new machine from  Alltec in the end, picking up in 2 weeks time  gone for the Express again as i already have an Enforcer.

The Express is being custom built for more caravan work, its having a 2" barb on machine, 1800 watt  5.7 electro motor, plus in tank heater.

Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

Ian Harper

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:38 am »
I am in a testing stage on facebook seeing what hits i get on different posts. Its all over the place at the moment and I am not after work just testing. as with mumnet I think the talk is about stuff we just not talking about. I think its more about positioning than selling.

One thing people like about check trader sites is that they feel safe. as these site have home address on them and that counts for a lot. but for us it limits the area as people will do that thing they do and think they will pay more if your not in the next street.

I think facebook gives us a place to provide information thats not sales based and people can come and check us out.

neil 47

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 01:28:48 pm »
Ian

Your wrong

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
IICRC

Ian Harper

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »
Neil

so how would you approach a situation that requires not shouting in someones face SALES  :)

I like the fishing example, as we are out to catch a customer. what type of fish are price shoppers?

Respects

neil 47

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 04:30:21 pm »
Ian

id build a customer centred page using education marketing, backed up by great recommendations and quality workmanship.

plus marketed to a custom built customer base ,whilst collecting email addresses and  making a list to remarket to .

well thats what i would do if i had time  ;D
IICRC