Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Harper

Re: Febreze
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:57:56 am »
if you what to find out what the link is between cleaning and odour and why we need to understand this more how it can help us to get people to move away from cleaning because their carpet is dirty to cleaning carpets for hygiene reason. read this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Habit-Why-What-Change/dp/1847946240/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477046408&sr=8-1&keywords=Power-Habit-Why-What-Change%2F

It has the febreze story in it.

Habits are powerful things and these big companies know because they spend big money testing and resurrecting how to get people to keep buying their products.

we want that fresh smell to last not just a few days after the clean. if people use this product the way the view sofas and carpets will change.

plus, I was taught that cleaning happens on two levels one you can see and the micro level. we are not selling the second. but the benefits are far more for our customers than just cleaning because it looks dirty, also antibiotics immunity becoming an issue.

its not scare marketing. selling soap is not seen that way and this is just the next step.

Hilton

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:47:40 pm »
This reminds me of the Fabreze man........

I knew a CC who used to give away a bottle of Fabreze after every clean and would ask the home owner to spray the room after the carpet had dried or near dry.

He had cottoned on to the idea that once used she/he would do it every day and become accustomed to the smell, there by when ever she used it ,smelled it or bought another bottle they would associate it with their carpet being cleaned.

If a friend called round they would comment on how nice and fresh the house smelled of course she felt great about that and in return would say I have just had the carpet cleaned, his referral rate was huge, the largest of any CC I knew at the time.

As an established brand he figured out he could piggy back the enormous awareness brought about by Fabreze and the trigger effect of using it to benefit himself and his business.

He made sure he kept in contact with his customers in the usual manner and he was the go to man when it came time for carpet cleaning again, he became known as the Fabreze man as many customers told him on a regular basis.

It must have worked because he probably had the largest operation in North London at the time and sold up to a franchise,retired and moved to Spain where he still is today.

He once told me, he never gave out 'own brand' deodorisers "customers don't use them,never remember them and usually push them and you to the back of the cupboard" why would you when you can piggy back an established brand for free.

Clever chap. :)

tim handley

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:55:09 pm »
good story and worth a think for sure!!
funny enough we stayed in a nice b and b
up in Yorkshire last weekend and in the rooms
were a fabreze fresh cotton spray, one squirt
and it left the room smelling fantastic. We both
commented how nice it was........