Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Tank connecting
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 10:03:49 pm »
@Susan Dean

Please tell us your comments on this thread are an example of your sledgehammer wit  and that you aren't really advocating going over payload limits ...

It's a game of three halves!

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 10:10:21 pm »
I'm sure Susan was just kidding  ;D ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 07:01:17 pm »
@Susan Dean

Please tell us your comments on this thread are an example of your sledgehammer wit  and that you aren't really advocating going over payload limits ...

befoure I answer this you answer me one thing , when you see drivers on the phone at the lights, driving  ect do you get out of your van and tell them off for it ? if not why ?? because your not sat behind your p.c. ?? or do you man up and go and give it large face to face ?

Mick Kent

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 09:48:33 pm »
She is having a laugh lads! Surely no one is that much of a selfish driver knowingly putting others at risk like that when running a so called "professional business".
She is on a windup.

AuRavelling79

Re: Tank connecting New
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 05:38:46 pm »
@Susan Dean

befoure I answer this you answer me one thing , when you see drivers on the phone at the lights, driving  ect do you get out of your van and tell them off for it ? if not why ?? because your not sat behind your p.c. ?? or do you man up and go and give it large face to face ?

It's not about "manning" or "womanning" up Susan, or "giving it large" or being confrontational. On this forum I have a role as a moderator and one of the tenets of this forum is not to encourage criminal and/or illegal acts and so I support that role regardless of my personal feelings.

As for speaking to other drivers about their use of phone "at the lights" I have done so but only on my bicycle or motorbike as to communicate (typically) through two pieces of glass and several feet of airspace is not always practical. Usually they respond sheepishly but occasionally they will mouth off but it has never gone further than me saying if you really want to go to prison for a moment's red mist you're going the right way. One chap got out but other than gesticulating wildly and shouting at me nothing worse happened. I just shrugged my shoulders and drove away.

Being human of course it often depends upon my mood, time available or the situation and being imperfect I put my hands up and admit to illegal behaviour such as exceeding the speed limit. But when it is pointed out to me I try not to take it emotionally.

Now the other point is what I might risk for myself and for others. When I was an employer I would not allow my employees to take the same risk as I might. That would be not just against health and safety or morally wrong but bullying.

I mean can you imagine you as a responsible employer putting one of your employees in a position where he or she feels co-erced to drive an overweight van or climbing a ladder so as not to incur the boss's displeasure or jeopardise their job?

Of course not.
It's a game of three halves!