Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Spruce

Re: cheap gas bottle deal!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »
Sorry to be naive, but it that just the cylinder or does it include the gas as well? The description doesn't say. I'm not a gas buyer so hence the question.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 02:13:20 pm »

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
19 kg is a quite a big lump to hump about. That is probably why they have them on so say special.
If you go to your local council tip you should find loads of empty gas tanks there. If you ask nicely you may be able to buy the size you want dirt cheap.  Then simply exchange it at a local gas supplier for a full one.  Mind you they are not that dear to buy in the first place so I personally would not bother to try getting one from the tip.

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 10:24:54 pm »
I use 19kg all the time pal they last me about a month through the winter, from around here they're about £30 a bottle and you have to pay a deposit first so these are quite cheap without having to put a deposit down and they get delivered straight to your door!!

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 11:32:58 am »
LPG at filling stations is much cheaper to buy than bottled gas.
Therefore another option to consider if you want to save money long term rather than buying bottled gas is to invest in a refillable onboard LPG tank fitted with a filling port on the side of the vehicle. That way can be re-filled at filling stations that have an LPG pump. 

However worth noting you are not allowed to refill these types of LPG gas bottles without an outside port fitted to the vehicle.

Myself I was not too worried about the extra cost of buying bottled gas. I also was not that keen of a permanent refillable LPG tank fitted to the van so did not go down this route to have one fitted.

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 11:41:12 am »
yeah i only use gas between nowish and march,april time to take the edge of the cold weather although it does give a nicer scrub on the windows!!

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 12:14:53 pm »
I'm quite surprised that you don't use your water heater all year.
Using warm/hot pure cleans surfaces much better than just using cold and can save time too on stubbon stuff like snail trails, dried on bird and insect poo, lichen/algae, tree sap, sea salt to name a few.

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 12:36:14 pm »
i know i used to pal, was great on those yellow bug marks but i just stopped using it in the summer time as it was costing me £30 a month in gas bottles so thought i might as well save some dollars through the year ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 12:51:11 pm »
Maybe you should factor in the added cost into your pricing then bud.  To be honest 30 is not a lot to spend a month if it helps to be more productive? Say £1 per job increase would  more than cover it surely?

Mind on filthy exterior property cleans now like fsg's etc I'm leaning more towards the softwash approch as saves all that scrubbing with a brush  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqvABSlIBv4

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 10:48:39 pm »
I go through 2-3 19kg bottles between Dec and end of Feb. £30 each from a supplier near me. Prices vary greatly though. Another supplier near me charges £40.