Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

purefreedom diesel heater
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:50:39 pm »
I have just brought (being delivered next friday) a purefreedom diesel heater 9kw two man for £280 delivered ........its non working however so im taking a risk.

apparently its the circulation pump thats broken , im sure somebody on here had pics of the inside of one of these heaters ?

possibly spruce?

Any advice on fixing it or fitting would be welcome .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Smurf

Re: purefreedom diesel heater
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:00:35 pm »
I can see why they got shot of it so cheap as it will cost about 600 squid to get it serviced plus parts & vat.
For that sort of money you could have bought a new webasto 9kw heater and heat exchanger and stuck it in a box yourself.  ::)roll

Sorry bud  but unless you have the diagnostic software to test it & knowledge how to repair it you are basically screwed.

robert mitchell

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:02 pm »
I can see why they got shot of it so cheap as it will cost about 600 squid to get it serviced plus parts & vat.
For that sort of money you could have bought a new webasto 9kw heater and heat exchanger and stuck it in a box yourself.  ::)roll

Sorry bud  but unless you have the diagnostic software to test it & knowledge how to repair it you are basically screwed.

Your so cheery ;D ;D

robert mitchell

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 02:33:00 pm »
your maths are a little bit out too , a new thermo 90 is £1100 , two heat exchangers with mixer valves will not be cheap.......and if im lucky it will just be the water pump and only cost me 250  :-*

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 04:13:36 pm »
You are quoting RRP not trade  ;D

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 04:34:58 pm »
Spruce has sent me a link to a water pump for £69

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 04:36:00 pm »
Nice one Spruce  ;)

Spruce

Re: purefreedom diesel heater New
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »
Nice one Spruce  ;)

Its not an exact replacement but it may be of help to solve a problem.

These Webasto pumps have a special fitting with an O ring that pushes into the housing and seals against leakage. The idea I had was to remove the pump and strip it just in case there is a simple fault easily remedied. If not I would test the armature for continuity and inquire if a company could rewind it if it had a bad circuit.

Grippa did advise a couple of weeks ago that they may have a rewound one in stock, so I've sent a link to a rewinder who maybe able to rewind the armature. After all, they rewind windscreen wiper motor armatures.

http://www.vehicle-electrical-rewinds.co.uk/armature-rewinds.html

If that failed, then I would remove the impeller from the pump and fit it all back together and re-mount it into the boiler. I would then mount this pump in the inlet hose before the original pump and splice the wiring into the original cable. So we would be using the original pump as an inlet manifold.

Strangely, we very really replaced a faulty alternator or starter motor with a new one overseas. We always got them rewound if that was the fault. Things haven't changed as my nephew had his Nissan alternator rewound a couple of years ago when it stopped charging. 

If must have embraced the throw away society as I would just replace my existing one with a new one in this country without a second thought.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 09:22:32 pm »
Of course, the other thing to check is that there is power getting to the motor, something I would just take for granted so didn't mention it. It could just be a faulty connection or cable.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 06:08:50 pm »

robert mitchell

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 06:14:22 pm »
pics