Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Is it possible to make a profit with just adwords?
« on: October 12, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »
Hi

I dont have a carpet cleaning site atm, well i have a page on my site i am building myself which i can use for now but need to get a dedicated site.

Anyway, generally how well does adwords work?

I dont do any other form of advertising for carpets currently, i am mainly a window cleaner and am still building that side of things but window cleaning for my city hardly gets any hits to make adwords worthwhile for it. Ive tried it for a few weeks and got next to no clicks, looking on keyword planner this is because its a low searched term compared to carpet cleaning.

So whats the return like generally? not bothered about earning a fortune, 1 job a week would be enough for now just to keep me ticking over, would like to break more than even though.

Marius Alexandru

Re: Is it possible to make a profit with just adwords?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:58:57 pm »
It is as long as you/who is doing it does it wright.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »
Adwords isnt as easy as what it appears, its easy to spend lots of money but to get a decent return on it you need to fine tune it regularly.

Window cleaning normally goes by word of mouth or recommendations but carpet cleaning is different, people do search for it every day, so is probably more suited to adwords,

I've being doing adwords for 9 years and am still fine tuning it, but we do now get most of our new customers through it.... it is not instant though you will need to test, test and test until it starts working for you.......

It's crucial that you add as many if not more negative keywords as well as the  search keywords otherwise you will be paying for irrelevant searches and that will quickly use up your budget...

There are plenty of youtube tutorials that can get you started and give some good tips about being effective....

Steve

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 03:46:29 pm »
With regards negative keywords is it not enough to just use exact match keywords rather than set negative keywords?

Anyway I've just enrolled on this online course so I should become a pro soon lol

https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-google-adwords-training-course/

Cheers

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 03:59:54 pm »
Adam,  unfortunately not, Google still decides to show your ad to searches that it thinks is relevant, the only way to gain control is to use the negative keywords tab to make sure your ad is definitley not shown...... its probably the single most important thing you need to do with adwords and one of the things most will not bother doing......

The course looks good value for money........

Steve

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:01 pm »
I'm doing the same course , it's very Indeph and easy to follow .

I didn't realise how complicated Adwords could be , it's a whole new skill set and demands dedicated time to run correctly .

I've been on it 7 weeks and still only half way through it
IICRC

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 09:53:03 pm »
Yes it looks good although I've hardly had time to get into it yet.

Shame we are in the same area Neil  ;D

Wakefield/leeds here

neil 47

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 12:10:48 am »
Adam

I rarely go more than 7 miles from where I live .

So no where near you
IICRC

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 06:26:53 pm »
Ok Neil

Ive struggled with wakefield in the past so going to concentrate on Leeds more now.