Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

eco temp 5l water heater
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:10:54 am »
ive had this eco temp 5ltr heater for about 18mths and I have got to say it is the worst bit of kit I have bought  I got it  from a well known suplyer on the strength of it having a no 20 min cut off .what a load of bull that was when I confronted them they took their add down i contacted trading standards  that was trying to jump threw hoops so give up in the end enough  babbling .the problem I have got is the dam thing works when it wants i have tried every thing  I can think of battery all adjustments water gas even tried putting the electrode closer to the metal burner to make sure it a stronger spark, nada so its going in the bin apart from diesel heaters what make of heaters  do you use how many ltrs thanks

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: eco temp 5l water heater
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:33:44 am »
Sounds like you got a duff one. Had mine six years and it's worked perfect aside from having to protect it from wind as it blows out easily. Once I 'd done that though it was fine

dave f

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 08:56:05 am »
if it wernt for bad luck I wouldent have any

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 09:54:17 am »
I'll give you £15 for it.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 10:25:19 am »
I'll give you £15 for it.

Are you mad, a duff l5 that with the greatest respect to the o/p he's modified.
Just buy a new one  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 10:39:05 am »
I was being droll.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

NWH

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »
I bought 2 years ago and found although they do give you really hot water they are to toy like for my liking,the thing kept shutting off the fittings are far to flimsy for everyday use as well. I've sorted out my charging problems finally due to an earth that was connected to a ionised bolt,my diesel heater is back to working an abosulte treat now providing hot water all day without having to leave the van running on and off to keep it working. If you get a diesel heater with a frost stat controller you don't have to worry about it all freezing even in the coldest weather we are likely to get. They don't last 5 minutes if used for window cleaning being used everyday all day long in my experience although for a one off job you need hot water like filthy cladding etc for a few hours they do the job.

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 07:44:05 pm »
I was being droll.
I was being thick! Sorry 😃

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 08:36:00 pm »
Well impressed with the immersion tank route. Stick it on a timer at night. Cheap to build, cheap to run, no servicing costs, no insurance worries, no gas cylinders to hump about and no flames.
Just lose out a bit on flexibility but I wish I'd done it years ago.

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 08:43:23 pm »
Well impressed with the immersion tank route. Stick it on a timer at night. Cheap to build, cheap to run, no servicing costs, no insurance worries, no gas cylinders to hump about and no flames.
Just lose out a bit on flexibility but I wish I'd done it years ago.

Did you wire it to your van Dave or do you plug it into an extension lead - iv no idea how these things work  ???

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »
Plug it in to a 6V Duracell

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 09:14:13 pm »
Think il try an electric blanket hung over the tank for now

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »
ive had this eco temp 5ltr heater for about 18mths and I have got to say it is the worst bit of kit I have bought  I got it  from a well known suplyer on the strength of it having a no 20 min cut off .what a load of bull that was when I confronted them they took their add down i contacted trading standards  that was trying to jump threw hoops so give up in the end enough  babbling .the problem I have got is the dam thing works when it wants i have tried every thing  I can think of battery all adjustments water gas even tried putting the electrode closer to the metal burner to make sure it a stronger spark, nada so its going in the bin apart from diesel heaters what make of heaters  do you use how many ltrs thanks

I imported an L5 years ago and you are right it was a pile of poop. Peps don't listen to others when they say they are good because they are not. Also with chepo gas type heater don't let them get frozen in the van...Ooooops!  ;D ;D

dave f

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 06:30:21 am »
I leave a rad in the van when temp drops nea bother

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 10:17:33 am »
I leave a rad in the van when temp drops nea bother

I generally frost protect the back of the van in subzero temps with a heater but forgot to switch the heater on one night. Needless to say the L5 was knackered as when I took it apart the ice buildup had blown a big whole in the heater coil. Oops!  ;D

NWH

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »
You can buy blowers now that blow hot air round the back of the van keeps everything warm and protected,I think they are around 4-500 mark,they work on the same principle as a frost stat they only fire up below 2 degrees or so.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 08:07:35 pm »
those heaters are called propex heatsource still i like the immersion way myself, stops problems during the day as well