Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Smith

Sprayer
« on: October 13, 2016, 07:36:17 pm »
Hi, can anyone recommend a decent sprayer to buy? I've been using some cheap ones but they not lasting 2 minutes and time to buy something that's going to last. Thanks

tim handley

Re: Sprayer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:41:29 pm »
Iused to always use the cheaper band q type sprayers, me being a tight Yorkshireman, but oi got sick of em and bought a decent one off restormate ,  think its called an ik
9. Totally different ball game, much much better spray and they actually last!!!!!
I also have a couple of heavy duty stainlessteel ones but cant get on with em..........

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:56:44 pm »
www.solosprayers.co.uk

Plenty of choices from here.

I have the Ik sprayers..............great but can I get the lance to stay in the holder...................no

JandS

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 09:07:16 pm »
Get a rechargeable battery sprayer....pre spray in pre spray straight out and the battery easily lasts a week w/o recharging.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Buckland

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 01:15:48 pm »
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 01:38:46 pm »
Problem with battery sprayers using a 6v/12v pump is the pump can't handle hot water or powders very well at all. It soon stops pumping properly.

You are indeed much better with a sprayer that uses the battery to pressurise the tank itself like you do when you 'pump it up' - that way there is no pump to go wrong.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »
I have the same one as Dr Buckland...................it puts down a hot spray if you need it - yes you have to be careful with any sprayer that you have mixed the contents thoroughly. It has a variable spray so you can spray a little down or a lot. If you need you can rinse it out using plain water.
Its much better than a pump up and also loads quicker - you should try one Jason  ;)
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

JandS

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 09:39:10 pm »
£200+....I paid about £89 for mine...it can be carried, wheeled or as a backpack...it's lasted me 18 months with never a problem and a full charge easily lasts a week...no problems with hot liquids or powdered pre spray...I upgraded the Lance to a Restoration brass job that I had on my now rarely used IK9.....it's also variable speed and has a high pressure setting.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 09:55:58 pm »
Tony - i've got plenty  ;D

Battery pressurised one, battery pumped one with 10m extended hose for commercials which was in use with me in a nursery tonight, stainless ones, foamers, the Stinger etc etc

Lots to play with  ;)

To be honest a good quality pump up is all you need and will last for years - not a problem pumping it up if you aren't shy of a little exercise  :P

Lewis Newby

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »
I got a battery one off ebay. It was under £80 around a year ago.  It's had loads of hot prespray through it,  powdered and liquid it has a filter at the opening to catch any lumps etc. It's needed charging around 4-5 times in that time which is really good though I only do 3 -4 days a week