Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

Airlfex storm vs Cfr 500 pro plus
« on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:13 pm »
If you was going to buy a portable which would you buy and why?
Spit and polish

Tony Stewart

Re: Airlfex storm vs Cfr 500 pro plus
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »
Sorry to sound rude but if you use the search function you can learn a lot by looking up previous posts.

CFR Pro Plus
I have one. I bought it second hand as I have a truckmount and just could not face going back to a portable with all that filling and emptying.
It has a wonderwand wand which atomises the water at the same time as heating it. Mine is the slightly older version which has two vacs.
It's good as you can plug the two cables into the same double plug socket and not trip the fuses, whereas some others have to go on a seperate circuit or go into the cooker socket. Mine has the extension hose that will allow me to go upstairs without wheeling the machine up the stairs.
I think that it was develped for commercial cleaning of carpet tiles, by all the videos.
I like the fact that it has a hideway hose so it it does not snag as with other hoses that snag with the cable ties.
It cleans at 600psi so it can atomise the water and make cleaning reasonably quick. It has an 800psi pump infact so you can "overclock " it by turning the adjusting nut behind the casing if you want to clean at a higher pressure.
It has 3 filters in the system that takes the crud out of the water, but the top filter is very fine and can fill up with grease and fluff fairly quickly. But it's no big deal to empty it out, it takes a couple of minutes then the suction is back up again. It says you can recyle the water 8 times but I just change it when I feel it needs it.
I tend to use it for flats where I cannot get my truckmount into the building so I only use it occasionally. If you play around with the presprays and the solutions you can get a good balance..........say Alltec's Ultimate Prespray and Ultimate Master.
The common bitching on this machine is on urine being recirculating in the machine. I fill it, deal with the urine then fill it again.........the customer pays extra for this service as I charge extra for dealing with someone else's body fluids so it's no big deal for me.
I like the wheels on the top as it will slide in and out of the van and if I wanted with my extra length of hose could play at having a van mounted machine and run it from the back of the van!! 8) ;D
The previous person gave me a whole load of microsplitters etc and said it was all she used but I just have never really got on with them as I tend to use a hydroforce and have a rinse agent that mixes from the tank on the van. I suppose you could use that and then use plain water but that's a route I cannot comment on.
All in all it's OK and I like it. Paul Moss has one too - and he's a carpet cleaning god so you are in good company!

This was posted by me  only a few days ago and if you look and scroll down the page you will find it. ::)roll

Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Small but perfectley formed

Re: Airlfex storm vs Cfr 500 pro plus
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:30:06 am »
Thanks Tony already read that.
Spit and polish