Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Re: groupon??
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »
No I have never done it.  I have not felt the need to discount my services so much that I would make no profit.

If you talk to the wrong type of customer you get the wrong type of customer. What is the point in providing work to people who are only interested in one thing "the cheapest price". Providing work at a discount rate is a race to the bottom.

For the older carpet cleaners who are working for under minimum wage with no training and no plan it is their own short sighed fault. They need just that .. ... Training, a business plan and to raise their prices. How is finding more ways to lower their prices on Groupon going to help them?

jasonl

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 05:36:41 pm »
Because I have done it, I know it is not the case that you only get cheap skate customers, the demographic of customers on groupon is very different from what you expect.

Next time you pass liddl or aldi, look at the cars, you will find they are late plate and prestige in over half the paces.

Peaople want value and convenience, not cheap prices.

When a so called price shopper calls us as carpet cleaners, they are really asking ' what do I get for what sum of money'
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Robin Ray

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 06:53:49 pm »
But you dont see many old bangers at Waitrose.

Neil Brown

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 09:14:05 am »
Interesting discussion, particularly from the other end of the world.

For what it is worth I have used the NZ equivalent of Groupon and  structure the offers so that I make money from each sale AND have a bit over 50% conversion to regular clients.  I do not clean carpets (I am a window cleaner reading the wrong forum  ;D).

For what it is worth, I had to learn to ignore what the Groupon equivalent wanted and hold out for the deal I needed to make money.

macky

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »
From what I can gather Groupon want you to have a office  and be vat registered Surely if you have a office and are vat registered you are a bit above Groupon ?

jasonl

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 05:04:22 pm »
From what I can gather Groupon want you to have a office  and be vat registered Surely if you have a office and are vat registered you are a bit above Groupon ?

No you need neither
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

macky

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 07:50:48 pm »

No you need neither
Was told by them that yo need a business address ?

Ian Harper

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 10:03:35 am »
tim handley

we run happy hours, spec and price only available on this day at this price, then you just knock them out one after the other.