Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: 4040 git of a problem
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 08:29:09 am »
well yes but with 50-60 should be getting better results I'm led to believe

What 4040 have to got? Champ or Vyair housing? How long have you had this 4040 and has it always been slow? If not, when did it change?

If you disconnect the hose from after the prefilters, do you have a good flow of water through the prefilters?  Do the prefilters have 1/2" ports?

Is the 4040 membrane correctly inserted into the housing?

Install membrane into champ pressure vessel:

Remove the end cap from the feed end (the end with only one port) –
this is achieved by pulling on the white tab which will remove the white
holding ring. The end cap can now easily be removed. Remove the
membrane from its packaging. Insert the membrane into the housing
with the black brine seal at the feed end (ie feed the membrane in with
the brine seal end going in last). Push the membrane firmly to ensure it
is fully inserted. Push in the end cap, again ensure it is fully inserted to
reveal the holding ring groove. Replace the holding ring.

(The brine seal is the seal at the end of the membrane.
http://www.wateranywhere.com/index.php?cPath=22_444
This web page should help. The 4040 membrane is the 4" one pictured left hand bottom corner.)

Are the connections fitted correctly? (On the champ housing you have one port on one end and two ports on the other. The end with the single port is the inlet from your prefilters. The other end is the pure and waste ports. The pure port is at the top in the center and the waste is on the side opposite the inlet.)

Here's fitting a 4040 membrane into a Vyair filter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0t25qn7HM
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

matty72

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 04:28:01 pm »
Thanks  to  and others for suggestions, went round a mates last night he produces loads of water, tested my Hf5 and his Hf4 on his system, firstly with just the tap pressure which was about 50psi, his membrane produced a litre at 50/50 in 25 secs and 30tds, mine on same system just over a min for a litre 20tds, have borrowed his hf4 and a booster pump and will test it all on Sunday on my system, just to say the pump was amazing the way it boost the pump.

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 04:45:14 pm »
They say you should not need a booster pump on a hf5 but on a hf4 you do.
http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/Choosing-your-membrane-1-1-2.html

matty72

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 04:57:24 pm »
I know smurf, but we tested both last night on same system the flow on the hf4 was alot better,  when i test both on sunday with and with out pump on my system that will tell me whats happening and i hear it's possible to have a faulty membrane

matty72

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 08:26:31 pm »
Just thought I would update what has happened with my 4040 system, after testing the other night at mates place (hf4 and hf5), tested at my place again, my mates hf4 was sound one litre in 2,0 secs with pump 9 secs, put my hf5, to cut along story short getting tds of 180 from pure, sick to death of it, my conclusion is the hf5 membrane is faulty in some way, it has taken days of testing but i just cant really figure it out, will send back to company to test it, mate says can borrow the hf4 for a week.

jason65

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:34 pm »
Hello Matty can you please tell me what sort of booster pump you are using ?

matty72

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »
sorry mate not sure, borrowed of mate, it's green and made in italy, , he's had it years and lent it for a week until i sort situation out.