Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mickk

brodex
« on: June 01, 2016, 05:30:40 pm »
has anyone had problems with brodex ? do they exist anymore phoned 3 times in last 2 months say they will phone you back and no one ever does what a crap company

Smurf

Re: brodex
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:38:50 pm »
Oh dear not another brodex complaint.
Can I ask why are you trying to get hold of them?

Edge Clean

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 06:26:55 pm »
I saw somewhere recently that the business was up for sale?

Edge Clean

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »
Well I think it could be Brodex, not sure though

https://www.rightbiz.co.uk/buy_business/for_sale/165376_relocatable.html

mickk

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 06:42:51 pm »
bought three poles recently and need to replace clamps I think that is brodex for sale ! beware

Rob clarke

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 09:27:55 pm »
IMO there's a lot to be said for Alex Gardiner  ;)

alanwilson

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:20 pm »
Think about it, 450k turnover, 40% margin = 180k profit. 6 staff averaging say 25k = 150k plus rent and rates at 18.5k is damm near 170k. 

Business is making no money and he's looking 165k?

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

fatboyslim

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 10:04:23 pm »
i've had several vans kitted out with Brodex machines...brilliant.
I've also had other systems...not a patch on Brodex

alanwilson

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 02:28:14 am »
I've no doubt their equipment is good, but the business itself doesn't seem to be.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 06:57:49 am »
Established 15 years? Which company was that then?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 05:46:47 pm »
The bit about exemplary customer service did make me chuckle if indeed it's brodex  ;D

mickk

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 07:21:00 pm »
i have  a system off brodex which is fine but unfortunately if you have a problem and no one answers the phone then that is non existing customer service.

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 07:52:12 pm »
If it is brodex which after doing a bit of digging it looks like it is then whoever takes it over will realise they have bought a pig in a poke as the damage has already been done to the brand reputation.

Marc Stock

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 03:15:19 pm »
Brodex were truley the worst company i ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Products were average,but  way overpriced though and if you had a problem they do their best to aviod helping. Also sean i think his name was liked to be known as a 'chemist' in water fed pole technology what a plonker. I actually said to him after spending many £1000's with them over a period of 5 years that i was so fed up of their lack of support with the issues i had with the e-compact system and other brodex tat i had lumbered myself with i hoped they end up going out of business becouse he refused to accept their was a problem with thier customer service.

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 03:32:52 pm »
I suppose any brand that is struggling to survive due to lack of sales, cash flow, etc then things can go from bad to worse very quickly.

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »
Their equipment was crap, I bought a 25ft hydra alloy pole which I only used for a couple of days and then went back to my old
fibreglass, but even if it had been a great pole the fact that it was only 22ft long was enough to keep me well clear of them in the future.
One of these companies that thought they where being smart by naming the pole on reach length and not the actual length of
the pole, Good riddance.

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 09:27:19 pm »
Their equipment was crap, I bought a 25ft hydra alloy pole which I only used for a couple of days and then went back to my old
fibreglass, but even if it had been a great pole the fact that it was only 22ft long was enough to keep me well clear of them in the future.
One of these companies that thought they where being smart by naming the pole on reach length and not the actual length of
the pole, Good riddance.

I agree SeanK.

Why would a company sell a van mount system with only 1 prefilter protecting the membrane - a sediment prefilter?

We all know that chlorine causes premature membrane failure. I see it as a deceitful way of increasing sales.

I bought 2 Prolong poles from them many years ago. That was the first and last purchase. Never ever again.

-
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

A Gartland

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:15 pm »
Brodex..... ahh....what can you say.... Well...quite a lot, actually.

For a long time, I have held the belief that their warranty is decided on a roulette system, possibly influenced by the buyer's geographical position.
For example:
If you're lucky, you might be treated perfectly, and ultimately write a post called "Brilliant Brodex" ....Liverpool based customer (2015)

If not, you might end up with nothing but a piece of paper submitted to a court  saying " Brodex BMS was liquidated in August 2012"..err...Newcastle based customer (2015)

I began court proceedings against this company in September last year, after reading the 'Brilliant Brodex' post on this forum. The customer had everything done, under warranty, and some!
 I had bought the same system at the same time, but had an altogether very different experience.
Every single part of my system broke in one way or another, but they just told me that I did not, after all, have a 3 year bells and whistles warranty on EVERYTHING,....just the tank... everything else was 1 year.

That was rubbish! I have the so-called 'Owner's Manual' which, in black and white (Howay the Lads), shows that absolutely every part of the system is covered for 3 years. The reason why  bought it

It's such a shame-I purchased my 3 grand van set up, well aware of the bad reports about their customer service on this and other forums, but still had a hope that all would go well.... it didn't.

And now, every day, when I slide open the side door of my Nissan Primastar, I am reminded in that bold, Post Office Red, blaze of colour, that perhaps, it wasn't the most wise move, after all.... Ho hum ::)roll