Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Some ya win, some ya lose
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 10:49:04 pm »
Trust me they don't all have money and are not cash rich some believe it or not have so many outgoings they live from month to month,I had one this week they've spent in the hundreds of thousands on this house all the banks money mind,I charge £90 every 2 months she comes running out oooohhhhhhh only a young couple can we leave it until I contact you when we can start again we've all of a sudden got huge bills. That'll have nothing to do with the 3000 grand a month mortgage and 1000 for the 2 vehicles then,ridiculous amounts spent on the garden etc a joke.

Tosh

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 11:36:12 pm »
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the land of second guessing ....
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:33 pm »
Trust me they don't all have money and are not cash rich some believe it or not have so many outgoings they live from month to month,I had one this week they've spent in the hundreds of thousands on this house all the banks money mind,I charge £90 every 2 months she comes running out oooohhhhhhh only a young couple can we leave it until I contact you when we can start again we've all of a sudden got huge bills. That'll have nothing to do with the 3000 grand a month mortgage and 1000 for the 2 vehicles then,ridiculous amounts spent on the garden etc a joke.
e

You even sound green with envy  ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 12:19:46 am »
People in owned houses will always afford  what they want to afford. It depends on what value they place on it whether or not they pay the price asked.

I quoted a job a few months back to an old bloke in a plush house with manicured lawns who took that usual sharp intake of breath when I said the price and he simply said 'That much for window cleaning, I think not' and that is fair enough. It's his home and his choice.

Yet, on his drive was this years Range Rover. It was an Overfinch as well.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dave f

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 06:38:59 am »
  I would do it at your original price  then see what happens if they turn out to be be messers just drop them

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 07:08:04 am »
People in owned houses will always afford  what they want to afford. It depends on what value they place on it whether or not they pay the price asked.

I quoted a job a few months back to an old bloke in a plush house with manicured lawns who took that usual sharp intake of breath when I said the price and he simply said 'That much for window cleaning, I think not' and that is fair enough. It's his home and his choice.

Yet, on his drive was this years Range Rover. It was an Overfinch as well.
The reason for that thinking is conditioning. In the past, window cleaners have been blinkered in their thinking and have been happy to gate an employee's rate of pay - £10 an hour let's say in today's money. No thought of holiday pay, pensions etc. It's not so much that he thinks it's a worthless job (though he probably does) he just knows how things were/still are for some.

Tom-01

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 07:23:16 am »
I had a similar one last week. Went to quote, £80 first clean and £60 8 weekly.

She was a bit shocked and said it is double what she was paying, but that her old window cleaner was unreliable. After a few questions it turns out she's a messer. Gate not unlocked for them, wanting to change frequencies etc. She said she would go for the first clean 'and see how we get on' - I haven't got back to her and won't. It will always happen from time to time.

There's lots of good work out there, it just depends if you're desperate for any work and constantly need new jobs or can spend a bit more time but get quality customers.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 07:43:53 am »
yeah granville, I had thought the same, something a bit fishy going on. I'd quoted them a one off price before knowing  they had a bi monthly cleaner at half my quote so doubtful I can up it now.
I reckon they've messed the other guys about with a not this time or can we go every 4 months ? Blah blah and they've just thought sod ya, we underpriced it anyway.

stop second guessing them!just turn up and do a good job and see how it goes after that.dont forget a lot of people have been messed about by so called window cleaners in the past.you gotta prove yourself first.it works both ways.
price higher/work harder!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 07:49:25 am »
i am surprised that there told you about all there out goings  😄

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 08:22:36 am »
I think he could see the bank statements on the conservatory table whilst cleaning the roof for nothing.

Elfyn

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 08:46:03 am »
The only multi-millionare I know is also the tightest git I know. Are the two things linked?

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 08:50:37 am »
He might even tighter if he wasn't a millionaire.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Spruce

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 04:02:49 pm »
Well, over 2 weeks have past since I posted this.
The lady texted me that night thanking me for the quote and informing me that they were going to stick with the existing guys on their 2 monthly £30 a clean job ( no surprise there ). To which I replied with a very polite text thanking her for letting me know and that I totally understood and would probably have done the same ( onto a good thing after all ).

I've got a text this evening asking if I can still fit them in as a one off at my price ( double the other guys ) because they have "missed the regular shift ", is it possible to book me in ?

I have not decided on my reply yet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Something strange here. I reckon they've fallen out with the other cleaners. Otherwise they'd just wait for them to turn up again. (or they've been dumped)

If they want a one off then up the price!

Granville, I think they spelt "shift" wrong. They inserted an "f" where there shouldn't be one.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)