Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

marks on section for joining gutter
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:31:19 pm »
The part which joins two sections together. I sometimes get these with marks on them which i thought might be mastic/sealant but i dont think it is. Nightmare to clean n sometimes they dont.

capn sparkle

Re: marks on section for joining gutter
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:24:14 pm »
Not sure what your question is? Mr Smurf will be able to answer it I'm sure.....

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:32:37 pm »
The section that joins two parts of guttering together in the trade is called a union bracket. I tend to use a week 1-2 % hypo mix on really bad stains/discoloured gutters but then some old plastics still don't come up that well using wfp method even with a scrub pad or magic sponge fitted to a pole.

Depends on how much you charge if you want to be going up ladders and try removing the stains by hand using upvc cream cleaners etc I suppose.  To be honest sometimes if they are that bad then you could suggest they could be replaced instead of wasting a lot of time trying to get them clean again.

At the end of the day we are cleaners but cannot work miracles on old knackered plastics so can only do the best we can. Most customers will understand so is not a big issue really.

tonycarr

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 09:16:06 pm »
i had a job just today cleaning all the whites F/S/G  Frames Barge boards etc,  all by hand

some areas i used upvc cream and  non scratch scourer, still did`nt get every mark off, customer was fine, as Smurf says cant work miracles  ;)

tony

T & J Window Cleaning services