Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Beecroft

RO unit intructions
« on: March 21, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »
Hi everyone, I've just bought one of these units 2nd hand. http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=885&product_id=235
Unfortunately the chap I bought it from was selling it on behalf of someone else and couldn't really tell me much about its operation or fitting instructions.  I have absolutely  no experience with RO units so I'm looking for help in  both fitting and operating. If there's anything online that anyone can point me to I would appreciate it.
David

David Beecroft

Re: RO unit intructions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:11 pm »
Does nobody else in the whole universe own one of these? There must be somebody who can advise me on back flushing etc etc.    Anybody??? ???

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 11:42:17 pm »
Mains water goes into the right hand prefilter housing (blue).  Pure comes out of the top of the membrane (big housing).  Instructions for setting the waste/pure ratio are printed in the box on the backing  board.  No need for 'back flushing'.

That's about it, really ;)

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 06:44:53 am »
Give Ro man a ring I'm sure they could help or tell you where to get instructions?
You can't polish a turd

David Beecroft

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:39:45 pm »
Okay, the instructions on the back board say the system should be flushed for half an hour per day (assuming full daily usage).  However there are no instructions as to how this procedure should be done.
I've emailed RO-MAN but received no response.
On the plus side I am gradually working out how the system works.  ::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 11:23:01 pm »
The 4040 will have a tap/lever to adjust the waste to pure ratio, to flush just open it up until all the water runs to waste.
When making pure close the tap slowly until your running at around the 50/50 mark pure to waste then open or close it slightly  either way until you get the lowest tds reading, don't go any less than 60/40 pure to waste as this will damage the membrane.
There no need to flush for a half hour every day, half an hour once a week would be more than enough.

David Beecroft

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 08:01:29 am »
Thank you Sean, that's precisely the kind of advice I'm needing.
Any other information would be welcome, for example how long can I expect the membrane to last or how will I know when to change the carbon filters.
Any tips at all would be great, as I said before I'm a complete novice when it comes to RO. :)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 03:38:34 pm »
If yours is the same as the one in the link, there are two valves in the waste water line where the pipe is divided into two short runs side by side and then rejoins after the valves.  With one of the valves closed, adjust the other one until you have your desired pure/waste ratio, then DON'T TOUCH THIS ONE AGAIN.  When you start up open the OTHER valve fully for 10- 15 minutes, this allows all the water to run to waste and so washes the membrane.  Close this valve again and the RO will make pure water running at your pre-determined ratio.

I have one of these, behind the valves is the above instruction, though not in those exact words.

David Beecroft

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 05:49:05 pm »
Thank you Lee, thats very helpful.  :)

David Beecroft

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 05:51:07 pm »
Whose Lee??? Sorry I meant to say thanks Ian! (it is late on a Friday afternoon). Lol  ;D