Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tlwcs

Re: uni valve fitted !
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2016, 03:19:00 pm »
Fitted my uni valve today and really pleased with it, but has anyone git a better way of stopping the hose from pulling down through the resi neck rather than with the o clip at the top of the angle adapter? It's a pain when I want to change from fixed head to swivel head.

Same here,  I will message him later.
Tony

DaveG

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2016, 03:26:00 pm »
I have use a john gest fitting instead of crimping  on the hose works a treat

Hi Dave, do you have a link to the JG fitting you used?

Cheers
You can't polish a turd

duncan h

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2016, 07:15:41 pm »
Fitted my uni valve today and really pleased with it, but has anyone git a better way of stopping the hose from pulling down through the resi neck rather than with the o clip at the top of the angle adapter? It's a pain when I want to change from fixed head to swivel head.
perhaps Steve should include the plastic hose retainer he sells with his tubeless kits, it made fitting mine easy.
I agree.

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2016, 07:53:31 pm »
perhaps Steve should include the plastic hose retainer he sells with his tubeless kits, it made fitting mine easy.
I agree.
I think Steve has probably been under a lot of pressure all things considered to get this to market , but the hose retainer in his kits works so well I'm really suprised he is not including these rather than an extra o clip bearing in mind they are easily removable and re usable.
Steve, if you are reading. Thanks for the quick delivery of an additional protective ejector sleeve ( needed for my back pack to connect it to hoseless pole ) but given its weight and value, was £4.95 recorded delivery really needed for something that small that could be posted through a letterbox ? I hope you may address this in the future  ;)

duncan h

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2016, 08:40:03 pm »
I agree.
I think Steve has probably been under a lot of pressure all things considered to get this to market , but the hose retainer in his kits works so well I'm really suprised he is not including these rather than an extra o clip bearing in mind they are easily removable and re usable.
Steve, if you are reading. Thanks for the quick delivery of an additional protective ejector sleeve ( needed for my back pack to connect it to hoseless pole ) but given its weight and value, was £4.95 recorded delivery really needed for something that small that could be posted through a letterbox ? I hope you may address this in the future  ;)
That's the only thing that really annoyed me. I paid £7.95 shipping. It cost him £4.40.

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2016, 09:53:48 pm »
I agree.
The postage option, on my website, calculates by value, not weight, will see if i can get my web guy to give a cheaper option, maybe 2nd class signed for.
Sorry its got to be signed for as to many parcels go missing.
Steven.

Smudger

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »
I agree.
That's the only thing that really annoyed me. I paid £7.95 shipping. It cost him £4.40.

::)roll ::)roll

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

tonycarr

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2016, 01:36:47 am »
I agree.
The postage option, on my website, calculates by value, not weight, will see if i can get my web guy to give a cheaper option, maybe 2nd class signed for.
Sorry its got to be signed for as to many parcels go missing.
Steven.

as all others have said Steve, these univalve`s are an excellent addition to WFP.  but the postage is way to high i payed £8.95 p&p for 2 univalves. i could have sent the same (weight, dimensions, 1st class recorded, signed for & tracking) ........For £2.05 royal mail .....even Special Delivery Guaranteed next day by 1pm is only  £6.45. thats quite a big difference ,  :o

yes would be a good idea to talk with your web guy

thanks
tony  ;)

T & J Window Cleaning services

hennessy window cl

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »
Got my univalve today from sureclean systems along with resin etc and it was free delivery when you spend overa certain figure .So far it seems to be a great bit of kit so will probably get a few more in due course.Liam.
liam hennessy

tlwcs

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »
Postage has been amended, I've just paid £4.95 for some bits
Much better cost,

Smurf

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2016, 11:32:53 am »
From what Steve has said on another forum due to a few complants that the uni-valve has stopped working he metions something about the first batch  being not quite right. The next manufacturing run should be better and all that have bought one that has stopped working will be replaced.

Sounds like a blooming nightmare for Steve but I'm sure he will crack it.

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2016, 03:15:07 pm »
From what Steve has said on another forum due to a few complants that the uni-valve has stopped working he metions something about the first batch  being not quite right. The next manufacturing run should be better and all that have bought one that has stopped working will be replaced.

Sounds like a blooming nightmare for Steve but I'm sure he will crack it.
So far smurf, had 7 returns, thought i would have more, but yes have cracked it thankfully!

kempy

« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »
Just 7 faults is very very good return .
Postage dies include the time of picking , printing , posting time and jiffy or box parcel used .

Been a huge success the univalve

Well done Steve

robbo333

« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2016, 05:38:30 pm »
Had mine a couple of days, very happy. I didn't bother at all with the retainer at the top of the pole and it still works fine. But i've only got the short resi neck with hardly any travel in the pole hose.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

tonycarr

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2016, 11:27:54 pm »
yes i agree with many, been using for over a week now and am really impressed, had to make the hole bigger in the but cap, (minor issue)  and i dont bother with the spacer, i just compensate by leaving the top section extended 4" or 5"

really excellent product, well done steve

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services