Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Walter Mitty

Re: Customers rolling in
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 01:14:21 pm »
Yep, we were waiting for your post, it was never going to be anything else was it? ::)roll

Being on the sharp (?) end of your wit is like being savaged by a stuffed toy.

You've been reading jokes about Geoffrey Howe and sheep, haven't you?

Walter Mitty

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 01:15:32 pm »
It's been busy for me since new year..which is nice considering the crap weather :)

I do wonder if it's in part because of the bad weather.  Our customers' windows are dirtier than I've ever seen them, so people might be noticing and calling.

I've noticed this too.  The storms of recent weeks have made them filthy.

Tom-01

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 01:18:35 pm »
It's been busy for me since new year..which is nice considering the crap weather :)

I do wonder if it's in part because of the bad weather.  Our customers' windows are dirtier than I've ever seen them, so people might be noticing and calling.

I've noticed this too.  The storms of recent weeks have made them filthy.

Agreed. I've had one customer ask not to clean recently, but he's always been a messer so he's in the window cleaning customer graveyard.

Tom-01

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 01:24:28 pm »
Yep we've had a lot coming in too. Most signing up for direct debit which is good. Also seem to be getting a lot of big jobs, 6 monthly gutter cleans especially - does wonders for cash flow.

I started this year with a view to refining, not growing per se. Getting rid of messes, bad payers. Adding one to two new jobs on certain days to maximise those particular days.  That has made a world of difference already. Funny that when I'm not concentrating on getting new work it flies in! Ordered a new van to hold a bigger tank but now thinking I will need two vans! Don't want that though really.

Hi Tom, what van have you ordered if you don't mind me asking, I'm thinking of  getting another van
 at some point to replace my existing one, just not sure which one.
Regards
Lal

Hi Lal

I've ordered the new Transporter T6 Highline, LWB T32. It will take about 12 weeks until I get it.

Its the most expensive out of all the vans I was looking at, however for build quality, drive, power and holding their value its the best one for my business. I will be getting a 850ltr Grippatank delivery system put in it.

What are you looking at?

Tom

slap bash

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 02:18:12 pm »
I am having to work and night as it`s difficult seeing my way clear to do more in the day.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 02:44:57 pm »
Agreed. I've had one customer ask not to clean recently, but he's always been a messer so he's in the window cleaning customer graveyard.

Murder's a bit extreme.

Tom-01

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 05:32:43 pm »

Murder's a bit extreme.

;D

In some cases with customers I don't think it is.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 07:43:13 pm »
One of today's was from a leaflet with our old prices in it, so at least two years ago.

Vin

NWH

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 07:53:27 pm »
I can't remember when the windows were as dirty as they have been lately.

lal

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 07:59:25 am »
Yep we've had a lot coming in too. Most signing up for direct debit which is good. Also seem to be getting a lot of big jobs, 6 monthly gutter cleans especially - does wonders for cash flow.

I started this year with a view to refining, not growing per se. Getting rid of messes, bad payers. Adding one to two new jobs on certain days to maximise those particular days.  That has made a world of difference already. Funny that when I'm not concentrating on getting new work it flies in! Ordered a new van to hold a bigger tank but now thinking I will need two vans! Don't want that though really.

Hi Tom, what van have you ordered if you don't mind me asking, I'm thinking of  getting another van
 at some point to replace my existing one, just not sure which one.
Regards
Lal

Hi Lal

I've ordered the new Transporter T6 Highline, LWB T32. It will take about 12 weeks until I get it.

Its the most expensive out of all the vans I was looking at, however for build quality, drive, power and holding their value its the best one for my business. I will be getting a 850ltr Grippatank delivery system put in it.

What are you looking at?

Tom

Hi Tom,
your new van & system sounds the business, you must be looking forward to getting it.  :)
I've got a 2004 transit connect t230, I will have 4 years this summer, the gearbox is going to have
to be replaced soon, there is also some rust underside, just weighing up whether to throw more
money at it, or go for new or secondhand, i like the look of the Transit Custom, also the Toyota Proace,
VW transporters, buying new is a big outlay, so still thinking about it.
Lal

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 08:10:36 am »
One of today's was from a leaflet with our old prices in it, so at least two years ago.

Vin
Did you charge new or old prices?

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:48 am »
Hi lal, I don't know whether you know or not but when responding to a quote, to make your answer not look like its part of someone else's quote , just press enter a couple of times after the word quote..... Just saying, no offence meant, it just makes it easier to read what your saying 👍

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 09:26:56 am »
Yup it's the crap weather followed by bright sunshine.

I've had a four new "walk-ups" this week. (That's Tuesday - Thursday)

And I've just put the phone down from an 8 weekly custy asking if I can come round earlier as (as in at 5 weeks) as the windows are so bad. So as it's "one on it's own" at £35 I'll go early next week and re-start the 8 week cycle from then.
It's a game of three halves!

lal

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 09:50:12 am »
Hi lal, I don't know whether you know or not but when responding to a quote, to make your answer not look like its part of someone else's quote , just press enter a couple of times after the word quote..... Just saying, no offence meant, it just makes it easier to read what your saying 👍

Hi Shrek, no offence taken what so ever, I've tried what you have said responding to your post now,
so hopefully it will work, thanks didn't know how to do that before.
Lal

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 01:46:03 pm »
It worked pal 👍