Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Re: Working in the rain ?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 02:19:31 pm »
I spilt a bottle of water today, panicked and went home thought it was raining.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 03:11:38 pm »
I spilt a bottle of water today, panicked and went home thought it was raining.

Bet you p'd yourself really.

paulben

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »
That's the difference no mortgage no debt wife on good income I pick up ex works pension this year then only want to work 3 out of 5 weeks . Happy days . Life is to enjoy now no use getting to 80 and wishing you had done more with your life when you could .
Do not steal the government hates competition

Mike #1

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »
No one likes getting wet but since i started wfping almost 8 years ago rainfall year on year has increased i have only lost a handful of custys over the years due to working in the rain .

I am the main earner in my house we have a mortgage etc so i get out and crack on and maintain the regular schedule i promised custys without any issues , I would go mental and my head would go if i spent day after day sitting in the house worrying about what custys would think and how i would pay my bills etc .

Also i have been  approached quite a few times by custys of a fellow windy asking me to clean their windows because they thought he had packed in as he never turns out even in light rain .

good post mike.

i also used to take notice of the weather forecast and sack it off because the weathermen said it was going to be bad.lots of times it wasnt half as bad as forecast and could of got a full day in................

resulting in me falling behind with work even further,bills mounting up and debts to pay.not a nice place to be for sure.

Cheers big Daz  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 12:06:22 am »
These posts are really useful.  Iv done traditional for 14yrs n worked in drizzle until first cust moan, then I wud pack up n call it a day. Till I realised many of my cust didnt mind or didnt say anything. 
Im now on wfp for last 6mnths. Did my own house in rain n checked windows next day. They were fine and so I convinced myself that a good job is still achieved and so I continue!!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 06:58:54 am »
These posts are really useful.  Iv done traditional for 14yrs n worked in drizzle until first cust moan, then I wud pack up n call it a day. Till I realised many of my cust didnt mind or didnt say anything. 
Im now on wfp for last 6mnths. Did my own house in rain n checked windows next day. They were fine and so I convinced myself that a good job is still achieved and so I continue!!

i was similar when 100% trad(17 years on the ladders).as soon as i went wfp i started working in wet weather and never looked back(nearly 6 years wfp now).i earn a lot more money these days than i did on the ladders and hardly ever get behind  schedule. :)
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 07:15:49 am »
I work in all weathers except high winds and torrential rain (mayb a few days in the year we get that).

If you havnt got a full work load then obviously you can pick and choose. If you have a decent size round then your customers would rather you be reliable and on time (but work in the rain) than hit or miss (but only work in the dry).

It's a constant cycle. We clean the Windows, they get dirty, we clean them again.

We could be working in lovely sunshine, and then it's terrible weather a few hours later. What's the difference?

Aslong as YOU don't mind working in the rain, then just crack on. Don't let the customers dictate how you run your business.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SeanK

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 08:54:34 am »
Totally agree with Jonny, its just a bit of common sense as there will be the odd time when the weather will make a mess
of the clean almost as soon as you have cleaned them high winds and torrential rain is a good example.

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 11:39:43 am »
Light rain = work
Moderate rain = leaflet
ping down = go home and work on website/facebook

If I was chocks with work I would just work in all weather's and get rid of those who don't like it  over time

Walter Mitty

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 11:41:15 am »
As an aside to this, has anyone ever noticed that the few who complain about you working in the rain are often the same few who complain about you running late?
Effectively they are saying something like, " Don't clean mine in the rain , but do clean other people's so that you can clean mine on time."

ascjim

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 05:47:34 pm »
All my guys work in the rain. No money would come in else!

Read here: http://purewash.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/why-does-my-window-cleaner-still-clean.html