Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Digital pump controller
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:26:11 am »
Hi all, I changed my 30 m hose months and months ago to a 100m hose. Should I have re calibrated my controller to adjust to the hose?
Iv got the flow on 27

timglaze

Re: Digital pump controller
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 07:46:35 am »
Depends if you're happy with the flow or not. Has it changed?

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:52:19 am »
Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's crap. When should you calibrate? is it only when you fit it?

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 08:59:47 am »
When the weather changes and flow is reduced in winter  fitted a brand new last week and it was set at 46 but i reduced it not sure what cal should be to be honest i have set mine at 36 and run at a Flo between 32-35 depending on jobs .

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 09:14:56 am »
Ah, I didn't know the weather affects the flow , do you use pencil jets with the flow on 32? I tried fan jets on 35 and water was just bouncing of the Windows , maybe a little too much for me so I went back to pencils

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 09:43:10 am »
The Cal doesn't effect the flow as such, it effects the pressure & dead end (which then in turn effects the flow if you use a lot of hose etc...)

There's a difference between water flow and water pressure
(imagine a hose pipe fitted to your outdoor tap. Turn the tap on and water flows out the hose. Put your finger over the end of the hose & all of a sudden the water jets out. Same flow out the tap, different pressure)

If you have an ian sheppard controller, recalibrate it.
(Do the auto calibrate)

You'll probably need to do this once or twice a year (winter/summer) due to the temp difference.
Cold temp - thicker water - harder for pump to push through system - higher cal
Visa versa for summer
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 09:51:48 am »
It's a pure freedom digital controller but it looks the same , cheers for that info I really didn't know that time of year messes with your kit , It was fine in the summer , same as my RO unit, they've both slowed down loads now

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:52 am »
Ah, I didn't know the weather affects the flow , do you use pencil jets with the flow on 32? I tried fan jets on 35 and water was just bouncing of the Windows , maybe a little too much for me so I went back to pencils

1mm pencil jets  give a really good powerful flow for rinsing  , Icouldn't use anything else even 1.2mm that Gardiners sell i find are to big .

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 10:15:46 am »
It's a pure freedom digital controller but it looks the same , cheers for that info I really didn't know that time of year messes with your kit , It was fine in the summer , same as my RO unit, they've both slowed down loads now

Hi Shrek. I would agree with Don Kee and Mike. lower temps can effect the system in particular the hose wall is slower to expand in winter. Plus the Viscosity (Thickness) of water changes the water can actually move more slowly in winter. This in tutrn means the pump will have to work harder which can effect pressure. Each system will react slightly differently The beauty of the controller is its flexibility. On occasion if changes are made to the system it may need to be re calibrated . As Don Kee has said if the flow is ok for you then thats fine.

Have a look at this article https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/effects-low-temperature-system-ian-sheppard?trk=mp-author

It is also in Mark Munro,s winter 2015 magazine http://www.windowcleaningpage.uk/images/mags/WCP%20MAG%20Winter%202015.pdf
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 12:34:39 pm »
Thank you Ian, very interesting reading! 👍