Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Gwilliam

Spam and marketing calls on the rise?
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:59:46 pm »
I used to get perhaps just a few marketing calls every week not so long ago.....now it's risen to at least 5 a day. Some are re directed so they are now costing me money. I'm getting pretty pi55ed off now. These come through as strange numbers, withheld etc and overseas. I think most must come from overseas.

Also more traffic to my web site via Beijing, India etc. I'm considering blocking visits to my web site from these dubious low life overseas idiots which will cost me money. Not only that but they call when I'm busy or driving to a job.

Has anyone else had the same problem lately?

JandS

Re: Spam and marketing calls on the rise?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:29:33 pm »
Yes 4 or 5 today...I check the location the mobile gives me when someone calls  and decide whether to answer or not.
Calls today from Monmouth probably 180 miles away and Kyle  wherever that is...Scotland?
Had Kyle everyday this week.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 11:08:38 am »
I get a few unwanted calls a day and just don't answer those out of my local area. Hidden numbers rarely get answered. Why would i won't to do business with someone who is hiding their number. Most of these are unwanted selling calls anyways. The few that i randomly answer if they turn out to be cold calls i just hang up.

dustee

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 07:17:34 pm »
I get on average 2 per day usually withheld or international  , normally don't answer but the other day picked phone up & said three words        **** off  t**t   :o