Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Harry Roberts

Help neded in finding the right person to work for me
« on: September 29, 2015, 04:13:29 pm »
I've reached breaking point with the amount of work I'm doing now and my body is beginning to let me down. I really need someone I can trust and train in all aspects of what I do.
Windows, hwe, encaping etc.
how do I find the right person.
How much should I be aiming to pay them?

Any advise really appreciated

AuRavelling79

Re: Help neded in finding the right person to work for me
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 04:22:45 pm »
I've reached breaking point with the amount of work I'm doing now and my body is beginning to let me down. I really need someone I can trust and train in all aspects of what I do.
Windows, hwe, encaping etc.
how do I find the right person.
How much should I be aiming to pay them?

Any advise really appreciated

Now will follow 20 posts and 30 opinions!

Mine to start is to ask yourself what you want to achieve - and why - in regard to your income and lifestyle.
It's a game of three halves!

Harry Roberts

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:39:16 pm »
I need someone to take the strain off me somewhat, and also to give me more time to find more clients to grow the business further. I predominantly work within the hotel sector servicing them for all sorts of cleaning.

ascjim

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 05:08:21 pm »
You won't get anywhere without risk. Take someone on full-time with a contract, train them up then let them go out alone to do most of your work.
There is big risk in this, so the reward will be big also.
Then think about putting a deposit on another van for you.

Then you'll wonder why you didn't do this before. That's what I thought.

I now have two guys on £9.00ph in the same van, and I've got my own van. I work once a week at the moment and spend my other time doing admin / advertising work to build the business up.

If it doesn't work out, try again.

ascjim

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 05:13:45 pm »
When advertising my sure they send you a cover letter with their CV. This way you can weed out the rejects without interviewing them.

Be professional , have contracts, uniform, sign written van and procedures in place. So to the employee think he has a proper job and its serious if he doesn't turn up, etc. Otherwise you'll get bums who think it's ok to take a day off and have a smoke.

Harry Roberts

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 05:31:48 pm »
Thanks James.
All very sound advise

slap bash

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »
Also take them on a probation of 6 months. My two daughters are teachers and they work on a probation of 9 months so anly have a permanent job for 3 months of the years. Thats the state for you.

ascjim

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:41 pm »
Also take them on a probation of 6 months. My two daughters are teachers and they work on a probation of 9 months so anly have a permanent job for 3 months of the years. Thats the state for you.

Yes I do the same, 6 months probation period. But, you can get rid of someone with no reason up to 2 years.

Katy

Re: Help neded in finding the right person to work for me New
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »
Its very difficult finding good staff, I understand.  Would you consider an apprentice through the government scheme?  I think you have to make your vacancy sound really appealing, little extras, benefits etc.... really have to sell the position