Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

coyote7

4 jet wand for Ninja????
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:47:38 am »
Hello Guys,

Could I use a four jet wand on my 400psi Ninja? Or are they really only designed to use on truck mounts only?
I am guessing there could be a issue with the amount of water that will come out. I generally use 200psi with my twin jet.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Rich ;D

Simon Gerrard

Re: 4 jet wand for Ninja????
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:16:51 pm »
The issue here is having a balance between the amount of water you are delivering to the carpet and the machine's ability to pick it back up again, which is why tools like that are best suited to tm's which have much more power.

Simon

coyote7

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:58:32 pm »
Thanks for your reply Simon.
That is what I thought really but always nice to hear it from others to confirm.
Would be a nice tool to have but if it's going to make the job a little more tricky then I can't see the value as I don't want to be going over each carpet with extra dry passes each time.
Nothing wrong with the good old two jet four just looks fancier ;)

Adrian Walton

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »
You could always put smaller jets in it, so if your two jet wand had 2x03 jets put 4x1.5 in the four jet and it will be the same.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 08:06:21 am »
More jets will mean more solution used unless you make them smaller like suggested , on a portable it means more filling and emptying so if you think a bigger wand will make you clean quicker it might be the opposite  as you will spend more time Filling & emptying.

I've been using a 10 inch wand with a single jet on bedrooms and I find it clean just as well as my big wand, I've even used it on big rooms and considering its 20% smaller than a normal wand I don't find it a lot slower.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

coyote7

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 07:49:15 pm »
Thanks for your comments guys.

Looks like I will stick to the trusted old two jet wand then It has always served me well up until now.

If I ever reach the holy grail of a truck mount then It will be a all singing all dancing  four jet ;D   

stuart_clark

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 10:09:48 pm »
I've used a four jet westpack for the last eight years with a Scorpion and now a Storm , I normally clean about 200-250 psi which I find is more than enough
I have three of them with different jet sizes, cant see me going back to a twin jet in a hurry

Stuart

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 10:30:04 pm »
Stuart its only possible because your scorpion and storm have three times the airflow as a ninja!