Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt - aquatec

In line heater - which one?
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:07:25 pm »
Hi all.....

Just wondering what's the best inline heater to buy..... I am due to take delivery of a new Jag 8.4 next week but would like my guys to be able to run hot water... So as the pros your opinions are always welcome... Which heater and best place to get one.....

Cheers
Matt
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

sean oregan

Re: In line heater - which one?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 07:16:59 pm »
I don't use one but if I was to get one matt from cleansmart does a good one I think it's a little more expensive than mytee but it's very good.
I think it's only cleansmart , mytee and Ashbys that do them. Please correct me if wrong.

scott johns

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:13:52 pm »
alltec evolution

sean oregan

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 09:20:02 pm »
That's a machine not a heater isn't it?
He has already brought a machine I think

jim mca

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 10:04:23 pm »
Magma is a good heater but must be treated like fine china

Adrian Walton

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 10:41:51 pm »
I think Amtec do a portable one.

tim handley

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 07:10:26 pm »
at risk of hijacking this thread, how much difference would an in line heater make to the cleaning process when using a  good machine, ie a storm or a jag, compared to using these machines without an inline heater, but having hot water in the rinse tank, as well as hot water when mixing the pre spray???      i think im right in saying the cost of a new magma from cleansmart is somewhere north of £500, i dont mind paying that and have indeed thought of getting one earlier in the year BUT is the difference significant, in other words is it £500 worth of difference to the day to day cleaning process???

john martin

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 07:27:24 pm »
at risk of hijacking this thread, how much difference would an in line heater make to the cleaning process when using a  good machine, ie a storm or a jag, compared to using these machines without an inline heater, but having hot water in the rinse tank, as well as hot water when mixing the pre spray???      i think im right in saying the cost of a new magma from cleansmart is somewhere north of £500, i dont mind paying that and have indeed thought of getting one earlier in the year BUT is the difference significant, in other words is it £500 worth of difference to the day to day cleaning process???

I would say they are essential , the thoughts of facing a dirty suite without my amtech inline and cfr type tool I  would be miserable .   
The amtech by the way is fine , as in i think they are all going to be pretty much the same drawing 11 or 12 amps , It just dosnt have heat adjustment ( pretty useless really ) or lights , so when u get it your like wtf is on or off , but u soon get used to it . For upholstery cold water in the tank as it is more consistent hot at upholstery cleaning rate , if you put warm in the thermostat kicks it off more i find .
For carpet ... use hot water in the tank and it will keep up with cleaning at 200psi or so on 03 flow in my case .   Otherwise u have to adjust your technique to keep heat consistent .
I had an Ashbys inline a while back . it might be the best but its not noticeably a whole lot better than the amtech imo . 

tim handley

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »
anybody able to comment on using a storm without a magma as opposed to a storm with one???
is it £500 well spent?? ive had a look at one in cleansmarts showroom today, doesnt look much for £500,
but if it makes a significant difference then i guess bobs yer uncle..........
radek, do you use a magma? i may have asked you before.........
anybody else?
any alterative bits of kit to achieve  same result with a storm??

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:15 pm »
Tim I have a storm and recently bought a secondhand magma which improves things but most of the time a really good agitation and dwell before extracting with warm tap water does an excellent job(its brill for greasy indian restaurants though and the visual effect of the heat streams impresses customers)..........buy one and use it you wont be disappointed....................Alan

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 10:01:33 pm »
I have a Mytee Turbo Hot Box, its very good with stone cold water and a twin jet wand or a hand tool, but if like me you use a four jet westpak its ny on useless , unless the water is hotish to start with, if I get to a job and there is only stone cold water available I use my twin jet wand, I have used a magna, which was good but not as good as the Mytee
I also have a storm, which imo is the best portable available on the planet
p s I generaly clean carpets at about 200-250psi

Stuart