Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Facebook Nutters!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »
Can we see some examples of Facebook advertising that brings in quality, high paying customer,

I often see replies to topics like this that basically say there is nothing wrong with Facebook, Adwords, Groupon,  etc..etc its that we are not doing it right. 

It's just like chemicals that are criticised .......it's not that they are crap its that we are not using them right........ But no one gives exact detailed details on how to do it right.

Can someone who is making Facebook work explain in detail what to say, &  where to say it ?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

neil 47

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »
Mike

its like everything if you put effort into it ,it has a better chance of success, but going by your web page and face book presence,it shows that you arnt that bothered and if you can be bothered why would your customers .

I had a good job of fb this week just from the page , a man saw a vid of a suite being cleaned and it was the same as his so felt that we knew what we were doing and contacted us .

you have to be in it to win it .

ps i dont advertise , but show a presence on fb for all the one that are no good just quote your regular price thats the last you hear 
IICRC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 07:04:36 pm »
Neil your 3 rooms for £99 offer is out of date, I know you are not really interested in your website but might be worth updating the offer considering it's on your homepage (unless it done on purpose for some cunning plan you might have)

Got to agree I don't really bother with my website ( God knows why it's on the 1st page of Google  ::)roll )

do you think a cheap offer like yours on my home page would improve it?

neil 47

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 07:32:25 pm »
It's hard to keep up mike I've just got back from Spain and a week at St. Andrews then off to lakes  , I'll do it when I get back lol

I didn't really mean your website but the link to a non excistant FB page .

As for the 3 for £99 it is a great plan . People phone and book , no selling no messing , I don't even take the calls they go to a different no ,

My needs are different low numbers , no stress . I'm working to live , not living to work , I have no ambition and I'm bone idle .

Got to go off to do some packing .

Ps  it would be great to meet you at jw meet on the 12th if u can make it . I will give you some tips on FB  ;D
IICRC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 07:35:30 pm »
I am going :) it will be good  to meet

wayne zabel

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »
FB may work for CC's who charge say £50 for a through lounge,if you are in the £100 + bracket for that job then it wont.

Lots of guys would be happy to do 3 Through lounges a day at £50/60 each.

Horses for courses.

neil 47

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 10:11:52 am »
Wayne

I've done both the £80 to £120 a lounge and  the £25 like you say it's what's you find is best for you .

I don't like selling
I don't like visiting
I don't like large houses
I don't like jobs that take more than 2 hrs
I don't like advertising costs
I don't like getting FB jobs from targeted adverts

So I market so that I get what I like .

I'm a niche marketer be good at one thing stick to it keep pushing it , in gambling terms am doubling down as much as I can .

See u weds Mike
IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 10:23:16 am »
What's JW ?

I've had a few jobs from fb from friends but I've had some 'friends' mainly through my wife's page that ask for a quote or even book a job then cancel at a moments notice but I don't look for fb work.

Neil I like your honesty lol but I enjoy the selling the home visits I find are hard to fit in but Mike shouldn't consider your upholstery cleaning prices to be cheap I'm quite surprised you get them in Barnsley.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 10:51:51 am »
Shaun this Wednesday Jason is having a evening get together

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=197397.0

neil 47

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 04:33:52 pm »
Shaun

Re upholster I quote all about £150 to £190 , but might get 1 in 10 if I don't go out and quote if I want to convert more on the phone you would have to drop to £95 to 120

But upholstery is hard work , I do like it but only above £150 .

If you want high prices you have to come across as knowledgable and proffesional do pre planning and put a show on , I'm just not up to it , to much of repeating yourself everyday it drains me lol
IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 08:11:07 pm »
Just about all of my upholstery cleaning is for previous or recommended customers new enquiries need to be home visits to have a chance of getting the job but I must admit I do give a take it or leave it price just because I'm either too busy or not in the area.

I do try to vary the conversation with enquiries as it gets boring but through trial and error you know what works.

Shaun

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 07:15:05 pm »
I am in the middle of preparing something about facebook ads.

We ran some really successful tests recently and I will have a step by step guide going out to our email list.

If you arent on our list drop me a line and I will get it to you. Ift should be ready in the next 2 weeks.

jamie@cleaningsystemsuk.com

Thanks to all who asked for the info.

You will have noticed I didn't send it. The reason why?  I managed to go one better.
I managed to get hold of the man that taught me how to do it for a day so flew to Birmingham earlier this week for an interview.

His name is Thom Smith and some may know him if they have been members of a particular business growth organisation.
He has generated thousands of leads using Facebook over the last 5 years for a large cross section of businesses.

If you have 25mins and want to find out why your Facebook page and group posts get the "nutters" and how you should use Facebook please check the link below.

https://soundcloud.com/jamie-pearson-1/the-cleancast-episode-3-facebook-advertising-with-jamie-pearson-guest-thom-smith

For future episodes subscribe on Soundcloud or follow the page on Facebook www.facebook.com/thecleancast

Anybody who wants to see a step by step video of how to set it up let me know on jamie@cleaningsystemsuk.com as I am meeting Thom again end of this month where we will build one from scratch.

In fact we could even use someone from here this time around and see how it works for their area/business.
Somebody that has had particularly bad experience using Facebook would be good.
Especially if they already flyer/adwords or other marketing/networks trader sites etc. and track their spend/return.

I cant make any promises it will make you thousands but think it could be a useful study for all.
Let me know, by email, why we should chose you if you want to be included but please be prepared to share the results.

You will need to pay for the ads and we can agree the budget before hand.
I make absolutely nothing from doing this and neither does Thom.
Just trying to help.

ShaunL

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »
Great post I will get onto this tomorrow. I hav'nt touched my FB page in 2 months so might test this.

Thanks.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 09:03:56 pm »
Its not about your Facebook page as you will hear. The one I used had no content and only 1 like (me)
Its about getting your prospects away from Facebook where you can sell to them.

Ian Harper

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 09:37:27 am »
Guys

what's your views on education based marketing? sounds like to me that facebook prospects think your just a cleaner and not a business?

Respects

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 08:48:50 pm »
Your probably right there Ian but the cheapskates don't care if your a ftse 100 company, they still only have the same two pennies to rub together.

ShaunL

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 10:51:14 pm »
I find educating doesnt really matter. No one asks me how I go about it or what the benefits are. They just want their carpets cleaned. I used to put a bit of effort into this. Referrals is where its at for me now.

Plus there are different types of customers and it took me a while to realise that people are happy to fork out more money and that not everyone is after a low price. I provide a good service and they are happy when ive finished.