Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt - aquatec

Essential Equipment
« on: August 18, 2015, 05:28:54 am »
H All,

I am looking into adding a new division to the company to service the many carpet cleaning requests we get.
I think I am decided on an Airflex Strom machine, after reading many mnay reviews on different machines.
However I could do with a little help on what you established pros regard as other 'essential' equipment.
We will be starting simply with carpets but quickly adding upholstery cleaning to our menu.

Cheers

Matt
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Radek Jablonski

Re: Essential Equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 07:14:23 am »
How much do you want to spend on new equipment?

Do not forget training.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 08:00:49 am »
Book yourself and anyone who might be doing the work with you on a training course and put the question of equipment on the back burner for now as the training course will answer all of those questions.
There is an awful lot more to carpet and upholstery cleaning  than there is to window cleaning , especially if you're planning to do it to professional standards, so take the time to set yourself up properly.

Simon

DB

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 04:07:22 pm »
If you do purchase an Airflex machine...you may get a free days training with it

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:12:39 pm »
Thanks for your replys  guys and yes I fully appreciate the work and what's involved and yes I am booking us onto various training courses along with my team but I was looking to get the professionals advice on what equipment is thought to be required.   Straight from the 'horses mouth' so to say and not what the 'suppliers' like us to potentially think from their range...

Cheers

Matt
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »
Matt, how much you can spend on equipment. Its important as you can spend 7, 10 or 50k.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »
I know its like getting blood out of a stone on here matt.

Unfortunately i do not know the answer as ive just bought a machine myself and looking to go on a training course
it would be quicker to do a google search mate, i found i need some sort of agitation device and a pre sprayer so far lol

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 07:37:21 pm »
Hi Matt,Radek is right,depends on your budget.I am 20 odd years  carpet cleaning and theres still things i want.If you buy the storm,get a low speed rotary and you should be good to go.......

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »
Thanks guys....
 Budget 7k ish. And hey may not be airlex yet???? Jury is still out.....  Any opinions around on best portable to get???

M
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 08:54:51 pm »
A storm or enforcer and crb machine(i want one) and you ll probably have a better set up than most when starting out.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 10:15:19 pm »
You will need the following:
A good twin vac machine, with a built in heater, or external if you prefer. ( when you ask about this on here you'll get everyone's personal choice which will help you not one jot.
An upholstery / stair tool
Presrayer, either battery or stainless steel pump up.
Sebo BS36 vacuum or better
Stiff pile brush 15 inch
Soft Tampico carpet brush 15 inch
If you've got money to splash out then consider a CRB machine (contra rotating brush)  for agitation.
A range of top quality chemicals and spotters
Buckets, extension cables, rolls of sticky tabs .
Before you buy any of that lot, do a training course for every discipline, carpet cleaning, spot and stain removal and upholstery cleaning - don't skimp on this, you will regret it.
And don't forget insurance which must be all risks cover.
Best person to speak to on this is John Kelly at Restormate, he'll sort you out with what you need and has all the Chems too.
Simon

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 05:48:40 am »
Thanks Simon...

Great Advice.....

Cheers

Matt
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

scott johns

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »
alltec 1 stop shop very lovely staff as well you wont be dissapoined