Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

My new Yellow Page(s) has just arrived
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:08:44 pm »
Ok. Slightly tongue in cheek headline. there are definitely more than 1 page in it-but it is so very thin and small compared to just a few years ago.

Slightly more seriously though I am intrigued when I look through it because if you took out all the areas which YP insert  titled "Make a note" (for the readers' convenience?) then the book would be even more thin.

Finally has anybody ever heard of a company called "Spitfire Insurance"?

The reason I ask is that whoever this company are, they have hundreds, yes hundreds of adverts scattered throughout the book. There are adverts in pretty much every section from Loans to Plumbing to Waterbeds. There are even multiple adverts on the same page . Just by random sample I am looking at two facing pages and there are three colour adverts for this company. One of the adverts is 1/6 of a page , the other is a 1/12th and the final one is 1/15th of a page.

Can anybody enlighten me?

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

scott johns

Re: My new Yellow Page(s) has just arrived
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 08:45:06 am »
they cant get anyone to advertise with them now so they are giving away cheaper ads which
they should have done years ago but were to greedy most of the reps were on commission so
they just priced you what they thought you would go 4

derek west

Re: My new Yellow Page(s) has just arrived
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 05:22:57 pm »
i was behind a lorry that was advertising spitfire insurance, lol

pictures not clear but you should be able to read it, bit risque' dont ya think?  ;D