Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart_clark

dye gone
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:05:53 am »
Used this stuff for the first time last friday, had been removing red nail varnish from a carpet with chemspecs pog but left a slight redish pigment in the fibres, a few squirts of dye gone and it disappeared completely, customer delighted and thats all that matters

Stuart

edward coller

Re: dye gone
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:47:34 pm »
yep used it on set lucozade on 80/20 light col carpet, excellent results. simon

Matt Fox

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 04:30:55 pm »
Who makes it?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 05:01:50 pm »
Chemspec

Lewis Newby

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 06:16:37 pm »
I've got a green spot on a customers carpet, we believe it was child's water based paint.
I didnt see it when I started but a run over with the tm4 and some powerburst and it made a right mess from what was maybe half a pea sized spot.
It didn't budge any further and all my spotters wouldn't remove the green smudge.

Do you think dye gone will help?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 06:38:04 pm »
Lewis, Dyegone might help here,
also this stains often are showing up when wet and disappearing when dry again

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 07:12:37 pm »
If its paint try a solvent like POG.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 08:38:18 pm »
Thanks guys, went in with eco pog and spot solve from solutions as that's all I have atm. Will order some non eco pog and dye gone and give it a bash tho.

I was quite stumped how easy it started to move then set. Customer told me she's always cleaning it up with a damp cloth or wet wipe I felt such a tit :(

john martin

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 12:12:56 am »
Thanks guys, went in with eco pog and spot solve from solutions as that's all I have atm. Will order some non eco pog and dye gone and give it a bash tho.

I was quite stumped how easy it started to move then set. Customer told me she's always cleaning it up with a damp cloth or wet wipe I felt such a tit :(

As above  , you probably just didnt have the right solvent  , i believe those u used are both ester , ester/terepene based .
   pick up some low odour white spirit  , rubbing alcohol and acetone locally and chances are one of them will remove it .

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 01:37:30 am »
Methylated spirit is pretty handy too.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 04:54:23 am »
We used to use Prochem Solvex which is very good but is also very expensive for what it is. As John mentioned low odour white spirit and acetone are great on this type of stain. With a combination of citrus gel they will get out most of these types of stains at fraction of the cost  :) You can pick up 5lts of 99.9% pure acetone on Ebay for about a tenner.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk