Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Beard

A customer is for life. not just for summer.
« on: June 30, 2015, 08:12:51 pm »
Hello.

As we are now really into the British summer. I've been taking on lots of new customers. That are asking for monthly cleans.
Question is: Does anyone find that your client base decreases in the winter months. ?

mgba_78

Re: A customer is for life. not just for summer.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:19:08 pm »
Nope never had it. always lose a few a various times of the year but always end up with way way way more gained than lost.
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:03:21 pm »
As above,
get the odd one who thinks windows stay shine your and bright by themselves over winter (about one in a hundred)

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Walter Mitty

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »
I lose one here and tere.
If someone cancels for winter and wants me to re-start in spring, I consider that they have reneged on the deal.  In my view, that means that I can too.  Result:  Spring brings a big price increase if I can be bothered to go back.

paulben

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 06:35:31 am »
If any one say's can you leave me til spring I dump and replace I work all year what do they think we do for money in winter
Do not steal the government hates competition

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:44:49 am »
It works differently where I live. I have my faithful regulars who never/seldom miss a clean, plus some shops in town. I have many more who ring me when I'm needed.

The number I have of these latter types ensure that I am kept busy enough most of the time. December is manic (need to work 7 days a week to keep up), then January is very quiet (no-one has any  money after xmas and I am knackered from December anyways so I don't mind relaxing a bit).

It all balances itself out over the year, so I am happy enough.
John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steve rix

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:25:25 am »
I'm happy if a few stop over winter, we are so busy a few less to do when the days are shorter helps a lot

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 10:38:03 am »
To answer the question not really most customers want all year round, you might get a few that want a summer only
clean.
I have a few and don't mind for the same reasons that Johnny and Steve give.

slap bash

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 08:27:27 pm »
I loose a few each winter. But fill there slots up in the start of  summer months. I don` t take them back anyone that leaves in the winter. I feel they are customers that do not value your service in the first place. So cheers and I move on.