Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rich Wilts

Customer died
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »
We have worked for a little while for a very nice old lady. She lived in a little bungalow with her husband. Anyway, when we first started working for her she told me that she had cancer. This was about 6 months or so ago.

Last time we went to clean her place things seemed to have taken a step or two for the worse, she was having chemo and didnt seem her usual self. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Anyway I bumped in to her neighbour over the weekend who told me she had died a few days ago, she'd succumbed to the cancer. Unfortunately her husband had a heart attack the same day and died too  :-\   :-\

Cripes. Nice old bird, she was all paid up you'll be pleased to hear.  :-*

wpclean

Re: Customer died
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:07:21 pm »
Very inconsiderate not giving you a months notice !

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »
I was going through bills that I've had to write off today and making up a blacklist to make sure I'm not stung by the same dodgers a second time.

Most of the write offs were deceased customers. Still put them on the blacklist though. If there is a zombie apocalypse; no danger am I going to be mugged again! 
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 05:15:45 pm »
I had to quote a new custy the other day. She sounded very unsure on the phone and when I got there it took her ages to answer the door. She was extremely old and had a walking stick. She showed me round her small bungalow...very...very...very slowly. Despite the fact that her last window cleaner used to charge about sixpence, my thoughts turned to 'this isn't long term custy material'! Is that bad of me?  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:26:45 pm »
Get her to pay for 12 months up front

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:28:59 pm »
Get her to pay for 12 months up front

Ian you're a bad man, but I like your style  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 06:19:58 pm »
I'm old and doddery myself - I can afford to joke about it ;D

johnny bravo

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »
ask her familly if she left you anything in her will, ;D,
very sad,    but if you dont make light heart of it you get depressed.

OAPs    will now be advised to pay a month in advance just in case