Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Carpenter Window Cleaning

Working out the side doora
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »
Hi guys.

I'm getting a new van and I'm worried about the hose scratching up the doors, bumper and light fittings.

Too save some space I was thinking of mounting on top of a lay flat tank working out the side door.

Why do most people work out the back? Have you used the side door and found its no good?

Stephen

Soupy

Re: Working out the side doora
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »
We have a 2 man set up, one out the back, one out the side. Both work equally well although possibly slightly easier to 'aim' the back.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:30:28 pm »
i store my trad gear near my side  van door for easy access to clean cloths/bucket/cleaning chemicals/squeegees/brushes etc and use the back doors for the reel hose.never have a problem.keep it simple.
price higher/work harder!

slap bash

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:07:03 pm »
I have a up right tank mounted in the doorway of the side door so you cannot enter at the side with my reel mounter to the roof above this tank. This set up works as all my controls at at that side door as well as my pumps as easy to work on. The battery is just inside the side door I can reach if if need be. This has always worked well for me. The relay is also at this door with a amp and volt meter so every thing in one place. This leaves the back free for tools poles and vac + power washer and all this in a connect. Small van but takes everything.ON top of the drivers side of the tank is two plastic boxes which carries extra speciality cleaning tools and winter weather clothes.

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:03:02 pm »
If you work from side door you are limiting to how you park up for the job !     You can fit rollers on doors so they don't scratch innit.

Steve Carpenter Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:46 pm »
If you work out the side door don't you have to turn the van round all the time to get the left side of the van facing the house?

I'm trying to figure out my route if I was working out the side, I don't think I can tell until I try. I just don't want to be chopping holes in the floor until I'm sure what's the best way.

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:01:54 am »
We had outside ports put in the back of the van, but we now work with the reels in the van as its easier not having to put them in and out of the van !

g.brookes

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 08:10:30 am »
I find set up is quicker with one side and one back. We both get in each other's way all the time when both at the back. Downside though is having to keep all the doors open