Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Is a trailer practical ?
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:13 am »
Do any of you use a trailer pressure washing system ?          How do you find driving, and parking up ?          Would be handy to carry 1000lts of water, and a genny .      Space in my van is a struggle, especially when we do multiple cleaning, like pressure wash, gutter clean, and window clean.         I think my maximum towing weight is 2000kg  so could be an option, and I like the idea of having the system that I can hook up when needed.

Any positives or negatives about this idea please ?

Thank you.

Mike Halliday

Re: Is a trailer practical ?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:51:04 am »
I use a trailer unit, my main business is carpet cleaning so I have a big truckmounted machine permanently bolted   in my van with all the hoses and  stuff so don't have a lot of room for the PW gear.

I use a steel (X gas board)trailer which is very robust and has a tarparlene cover, so I can access everything from all sides of the trailer.  As longs as you can reverse a trailer into tight space and onto narrow drives it's no problem.

I have the PW  fixed down with a live hose reel mounted onto the front of the trailer with  80m of solution line. It has a 300lt water tank, which with most jobs that has an adequate water flow rate keeps me going without running out.

It was great when my son worked for me as I could unhook the trailer and go off and clean carpets or do quotes and leave him cleaning
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Neil Jones

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 06:58:48 am »
Get a falch

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:09:10 am »
Thanks Mike, sounds ideal, would I be correct in thinking that a 2000kg braked trailer would be ok to do the job, as I want to fit a 1000 lt tank ?         Is there a particular make of trailer that is most suitable ?

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 11:19:49 am »
I tried this trailer lark but could not reverse the bloody thing. Just could not get the hang of it so gave up.  :-[

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 04:46:16 pm »
Put a tow ball on the front then its easy to put it into tight places

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 05:47:05 pm »
What sort of trailer are you thing of? An open one or a box trailer?

I think the open one is perfect as like I said you can access it from ever side so it's easy to pull things out, but it's open to the elements if you have to park it out side,

If I was buying another I would get a twin axle galvanised open trailer ( but I have a unit to store it in) a bit like a plant trailer.

I'm sure a 2oookg trailer will be ok, would it be over weight in combination with your van?

I have my class 1 C&E licence so have experiance of driving trailer units ( I worked as a long distance lorry driver for a while) so the reversing for me is'nt a problem....... but it is difficult with a small trailer.

CleanClear

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »
Do any of you use a trailer pressure washing system ?          How do you find driving, and parking up ?          Would be handy to carry 1000lts of water, and a genny .      Space in my van is a struggle, especially when we do multiple cleaning, like pressure wash, gutter clean, and window clean.         I think my maximum towing weight is 2000kg  so could be an option, and I like the idea of having the system that I can hook up when needed.

Any positives or negatives about this idea please ?

Thank you.

Be aware that if your Gross Train Weight exceeds 3.5T you will need a tachograph fitting, and have to use it.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

wpclean

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:35 pm »
Nothing is straightforward is it ?  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 10:13:28 pm »
I don't think this is the case if you only work within 50 miles of your home

Matt.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 10:52:35 pm »
My insurance says no trailers so it's no good to me

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 11:41:49 pm »
I'm in the same predicament. Pressure washer, generator, vac and poles, tank, brushes, sand, fuel, hoses, reels etc.
HGV class 1 drivers hate small trailers as they move too quick and you can't see them until it's to late so many shunts forward to straighten it up.
With regard to tachographs! b******s!

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 11:45:50 pm »
My insurance says no trailers so it's no good to me
most car insurance companies will allow a single axle trailer.