Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ashley Brothwood

Re: Can I use a di pre filter
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48:09 pm »
Ye the only cost is the vessels themselfs. You'll already have the resin, on small day to day jobs the cost savings would be quite low but on a big job using a lot of resin it would probably be worth it. You could always sell them after for not far off cost price so it could be a good saving

Matt.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 07:00:54 pm »
I have about 6 Di bottles so it's no probs if I see them on eBay for less than 25 I will buy them, same with hose reels  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 07:51:42 pm »
What about the portable on demand RO trolleys ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 10:07:59 pm »
I had a look at them Darran, but wasn't sure about them.

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 06:32:09 pm »
Very expensive to buy, but you can hire them - you might find it better than relying on DI resin as the ro unit will consistently give you low tds. My understanding is they are quite fast at product for water so good for on demand situations

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ChumBucket

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 06:59:31 pm »
You need to know the input TDS before you do anything beyond Two DI vessels. Dazmond is around Manchester I think & his TDS is about 35ppm. At 35ppm, anything more than Two vessels is pretty much a waste of time & you'll spend more time changing resin than working as the input TDS will be reached in the second vessel within no time.

Matt.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 10:10:53 pm »
Very expensive to buy, but you can hire them - you might find it better than relying on DI resin as the ro unit will consistently give you low tds. My understanding is they are quite fast at product for water so good for on demand situations

Darran

Thanks Darran.

Do you or anyone know where these can be hired from.

There's one on eBay for £1100, am hoping for a low (50)  tds, if this the case I will double di anything more and I will add another, if it's in the hundreds I will cry  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 10:45:12 pm »

Matt.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:36 pm »
Oh that's very nice  ;D, not sure if I can collect would have to pay courier, and will take you up on the brew when some work comesin off these guys in your area  ;D

Will be getting in touch with them Monday morning.

Thanks very much Darran, your always happy helping others

tlwcs

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 09:59:15 am »
How come you could not get a sample of water from the feed they will supply you?
Hopefully it will be low, I'm sure around Manchester it will be.
Risk assessment/ method statement for them, tds of water for you.
Good luck with it, no roof work for me, far to chicken
Tony

Matt.

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 11:18:17 am »
Tbh tony, I took tds metre with me but there was no tap up there, when I go back I can take a sample as they have now put a tap in  ;D