Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Oven cleaning - sealed glass doors
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »
Just wondered if anyone had a good method of cleaning the inside glass of a sealed oven door.
The kind where the outer glass cannot be removed.
I know you can take the panel off the bottom making an approximate inch gap so other than wrapping a rag around something long and thin (which only gives it a wipe over, which is not good enough on most ) I can't think of an easier way to clean it.
Thanks

Matt.

Re: Oven cleaning - sealed glass doors
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »
So basically you need some kind of kit,  similar to a dragon fly window cleaning kit. So if you can look into a chemical and use pure water on your long  pole, stick to rinse, this will work in a sense.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:18 pm »
Don't know what the dragon window cleaning kit is Matt, don't do windows.
I'm talking about a sealed oven door with an inch gap between the panes of glass. You usually get lots of sticky grease that has seeped beneath the seals and a wipe or brush is usually is not enough.

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »
I no mate, last year I was doing work for m&s , there is glass panels around the tops of escalators etc etc, I bought a long duster, it was like what you get to clean blinds - not a fluffy thing but about 3 ft long with material like a microfibre cloth, no good to me and it ended up in bin.

But if you can get hold of one they are about 1cm in depth, 3cm wide and about 3 ft long, get a few one for,   ( let's just say virosol, for example ),  putting cleaning chemical on to remove grease, 2nd one, ( to use with a barrel of pure water ) to clean dirt and chemicals 3rd just pure til you have a smear/ clear finish.
Small tray under we're you working of towels just to catch excess water there won't be a lot maybe a litre.
Clip bottom of door back on oven and happy days.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 08:53:43 pm »
Thanks Matt. Might give that a go.

Bedfordshire Oven Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 11:03:30 pm »
Paul,
Are you talking about Beko/Lenavo type doors where you remove the two screws at the bottom and take the bottom out? It looks like the glass is bonded onto the frame? If so.....you can remove this glass the same way you remove Neff glass with the triangles cut out at corners.  Let me know if these are the ones you are having bother with and I will talk you through it.

Best wishes
Paul

Paul Simpson

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 12:49:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply Paul, and yes they are the ones I mean.
Seems like the glass is sealed to the door frame like you mentioned and could not see a way of removing the outer glass to clean inside.

Bedfordshire Oven Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 01:23:46 pm »
Paul,
Have a look at page 20 on this link, it shows you how to remove it, I improvise with plastic wedges or window packers instead ot the tool they show, it pops off at the top then lifts away. Then just clip it back on. Job done!

https://www.howdens.com/media/library/pdf/1925.pdf

Paul Simpson

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 02:54:33 pm »
Thanks for the link Paul.
But I think that is for the upper oven/grill door of a double oven.
Luckily enough I have a double Lamona oven at home so am able to check.
The upper oven door does allow you to remove the inner glass, but this doesn't seem to apply to the main oven door. I tried the instruction on it but it didn't seem to budge even slightly?