Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H MAN

MANUFACTURE NOT INTERESTED
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »
This is a video made about 2 months ago.
Showing it now as there was no interest in it from the manufactures
Know it looks rough but it works like that as is.
But when designed better it will look all together different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnrgiojPZwQ

wpclean

Re: MANUFACTURE NOT INTERESTED
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »
You should be on Dragons den  ;D

Ben wood

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:45:24 pm »
Well I can guess what they thought like most on here. It's a load of rubbish.  ;D

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 07:15:04 pm »
Maybe explaining what it's supposed to do might help...

Nick Day

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:42:20 pm »
In the late 1970's I invented a squeegee related item. I hawked it around, and got no interest. One particular national/global firm said they had no interest. I abandoned it, just have you have done.
The patent ran out twenty years later. That very firm now has it for sale worldwide, it is in every DIY store in the UK and the world.
If you believe in the product, go for it yourself.

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:49:13 pm »
This is a video made about 2 months ago.
Showing it now as there was no interest in it from the manufactures
Know it looks rough but it works like that as is.
But when designed better it will look all together different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnrgiojPZwQ

Go on youtube, learn how to make your own moulds, make the relevant bits out of polymorph of which ever colour you want, set up a small production line in your garage or where ever, get a basic but functional website, sell a good few and then approach  a company.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

H MAN

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 09:26:16 pm »
As said this a basic proto type and works.
And once redesigned it will be able to be used many different ways.
It is ergonomic handle and it works better then the standard handle grips.
People have asked why I continually making these DIY ideas.
Easy have arthritis in the hands, wrists and found the standard handle  grip cause pain when using.
So designed everything around that to make it easier to use a squeegee including the swivel squeegee.

CleanClear

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 12:31:46 am »
That is not one of  Hmans strong points, there's an understanding (i assume) that you've followed his previous posts. If you did you'd understand this easy.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

H MAN

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 06:04:33 am »
Yes you are right haven't explained what this handle grip is about.  :-[
 It allows you to use the handle in a more natural way.
And most of all it aluminates  RSI , CRAMPS  IN THE HANDS ARMS CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME  ETC.
And people that have arthritis in the hands will be able to use the handle as well.
These people that have had any of these things would notice the difference straight away when using it.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 07:30:36 am »
As said this a basic proto type and works.
And once redesigned it will be able to be used many different ways.
It is ergonomic handle and it works better then the standard handle grips.
People have asked why I continually making these DIY ideas.
Easy have arthritis in the hands, wrists and found the standard handle  grip cause pain when using.
So designed everything around that to make it easier to use a squeegee including the swivel squeegee.

This could be precisely your problem.
I suppose the questions to ask yourself are: "How many window cleaners are are there with arthritis or similar problems who wish to continue cleaning windows?" and "What proportion of them would buy my products?"
I imagine that the first answer would be relatively few.  The second answer may be higher though.
I'm guessing that the manufacturing run required would be relatively small - needing a high price to be charged.  That price, in the opinion of the manufacturers, is probably too high to turn a profit.
I'm sitting here wondering if some of the parts required would be feasible with one of those so-called 3d printers (something that I know nothing about).

H MAN

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:32 am »
Well not to sure but do know of many people that have started WC.
And after a while have some type of problem due to the handle they use on there squeegee scrubber even doing pole work.
And yes had problems as well regarding using squeegee etc.
But wouldn't it be better to have something you can use that doesn't cause the problem in the first place.?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 08:04:29 am »
That is not one of  Hmans strong points, there's an understanding (i assume) that you've followed his previous posts. If you did you'd understand this easy.

But a manufacturer won't.

If this is the manner in which he rocks up when he wants to present them with a new fangled device and ask for their spondolees they'll kick his ass to kingdom come. At least pretend you're a competent person to work with.

No offence meant, sometimes there's a need for change to succeed though.

H MAN

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 08:38:02 am »
That's right most manufactures won't.
Even though they are making handles on there squeegees scrubbers etc.
That in fact cause the problems in the first place.
If a person or manufacture made a handle that you could use without have your hand cramp up after a full days work .
Would you get it if it work??

Pete Thompson

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:29:15 am »
Just my tuppenceworth;

(I think) You are solving a problem that is only a problem for a tiny amount of squeegee users (eg arthritis)

Also, most of the window cleaners around these days don't use squeegees anymore, except for the odd inside or awkward window.

Personally whenever I see a good squeegee related idea I think "that looks nice, it would be useful if used a squeegee a lot, but I don't so who cares"

H MAN

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 10:00:27 am »
That is a very interesting statement who cares.
This is what they were telling me when said there is a better way to connect your WFP brushes  or any type of tool onto to your pole.
And low and behold a manufacture came out with that very idea that based on a video they had seen that we had put up.
So everything happens in time and it will.
Then you will have many people wondering why it was not done before.
Sometime like the Liquidator that is what they are saying with that now.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 10:16:02 am »
That is a very interesting statement who cares.
This is what they were telling me when said there is a better way to connect your WFP brushes  or any type of tool onto to your pole.
And low and behold a manufacture came out with that very idea that based on a video they had seen that we had put up.
So everything happens in time and it will.
Then you will have many people wondering why it was not done before.
Sometime like the Liquidator that is what they are saying with that now.

Clarifying this again by re-posting my response from an early thread  :(  :-

Hi H Man

The comments above make it sounds as if there were something underhand about this - as you know this was not the case - rather it was produced as a result of your sharing your ideas with myself both publicly and privately along with a lot of further development work by myself to get them into a production ready version.

For general clarification on this (and as posted on a different forum recently)

We first discussed the idea back and forth on the same forum on another thread in May 2012 - http://windowcleaningresource.com/vBulletin/poles-brushes-wfp-waterfed-pole/20046-quick-connect-brush-3.html -  H-Man was trying to convince me that it was a worthwhile system as I was still concerned about the slight extra weight. (In October 2014 -  on this thread Herman edited an update video showing the Quick-LoQ system as an outcome of our discussions and also after having pre-production samples sent over from myself to him in advance of its release.)

In July 2012 - I then later privately contacted H Man following this post he made on a US public forum asking for a manufacturer to take his idea further - http://windowcleaningresource.com/vBulletin/poles-brushes-wfp-waterfed-pole/20302-attention-manufactures-companies.html - It had taken me from May to July to think about it some more and be prepared to give it a go - it was quite an expensive project and I needed some time to think about it.

We then also had discussed the project partially on the US forum in Feb 2013 - on this thread - http://windowcleaningresource.com/vBulletin/poles-brushes-wfp-waterfed-pole/24717-quick-loq-gardiner-pole-systems.html

The rest of our communication about this product was either by the forum's private messaging or by private emails - subsequently all communication between us was  via email as I was banned from the US forum as I would not let the site owners sell our products in the US anymore!

Here is another video H Man posted discussing our Quick-LoQ products  http://youtu.be/giH5VGFTziY as it shows Herman seems quite happy with the product and its development having gone forward - nothing underhand about the use of this idea.

Here are some other videos that Herman has posted about these products over the last few years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sEnHxa_CGo
http://windowcleaningresource.com/vBulletin/poles-brushes-wfp-waterfed-pole/25414-quick-loq-closer-look.html

In addition to this Herman has himself posted many US forum threads about the Quick-LoQ range and his tweaks etc.

As of yet we have still to make any money from these products due to the high cost of tooling/development - however I still think it is a good idea and worth the initial investment for the benefits it brings.

H MAN

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 10:56:35 am »
OK thanks for that Alex was just trying to make the point just because someone really isn’t that interested in something.
Doesn’t mean everyone not interested.
Can assure you that there are many people that have had problems with squeegee handles because of the shape it is.
Which believe actually leads, to RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and make it near impossible to use if you have restrictions or some arthritis in your hands?
And that Quick- LoQ was also based on the same thing.
As it was always a problem first taking brushes OFF/ ON poles.
Which you can also adapt to squeegee scrubbers handles.
That by it self made it easier too take your squeegee etc ON/OFF your WFP or trad pole.
Instead when handle is jammed on, then trying to pull off when you want to change tools.
Now just clips on / press small button spring in Quick – LoQ come off using two finger.
And in time be the connection everyone will have on there tools.
Know not real good at explaining things or any good at drawing.
Can only visualize and then make it.

rosskesava

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 11:18:26 am »
Alex, you read H Man's posting one way, I read it in another. It's just goes to show that words on a page can sometimes mean different things to different people.

I also don't think a product's profitability can be taken in isolation. I bought an SLX and other bits based solely on the q loq system. Although, with hindsight, had I known how well made and thought out the slx is, I would have bought it regardless.

H Man's terminator squeegee - each Friday I clean 23 shops which is a serious amount of work as although some are quick and simple, others are a lot more than just a few windows. By the end of the day, both my hands ache like hell due to the stupid design of the squeegee handle.

I also care to bet there are still a lot of trad window cleaners who have tightness, to one degree or another, in the tendons in their hands which is a potential problem for the future.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.