Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

High flow help
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:58 am »
Hello,
  After reading some threads on here I decided to try high flow in order to speed things up at work!
At first I thought " this is brill" much quicker on all my work. No hanging around waiting for the window rinse to reach the bottom of the glass, ace.
  Then I went back to one of my pubs to clean insides after doing outsides early that morning,  I was shocked to see what a mess I had made on the glass , they looked like teenagers face!
   Since that I've gone back to having short breaks on each window I clean waiting for the rinse, not happy with this anymore I would like to speed things up again, without the spots.
   I was basically giving the glass a scrub then rinsing with the brush on the glass as I dare not take it off with the flow being high, I wasn't able to "cut in" at the top of the window with my jets.
  Can someone who uses high flow give some pointers on how it's done , I don't have a flow control I simply use a tap. How do you start your rinse at the top of the window? When I'm occasionally skipping the top frame the rinsing becomes more skilful again, is it still possible to clean these with a higher flow?
   I don't want to grow old waiting for rinsing, especially on bigger windows.
 Thanks in advance.
Paul.

bobplum

Re: High flow help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:04:01 am »
What was the condition of the other customers windows that you had cleaned or our you basing everything on the pub window
Why skip the top frame , include it i every clean.
Theirs no harm in giving it a quick rinse (scared to take the brush off).
final recommendation, try using GG4 or vision in your water, i use GG4 and its made a big difference.
I clean with the setting on 60 (purefreedom controller and fan jets)

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 09:33:27 am »
Hello,
  After reading some threads on here I decided to try high flow in order to speed things up at work!
At first I thought " this is brill" much quicker on all my work. No hanging around waiting for the window rinse to reach the bottom of the glass, ace.

I don't want to grow old waiting for rinsing, especially on bigger windows.
 Thanks in advance.
Paul.

Those few words say it all , If you are not rinsing properly from left to right from the very top of glass to the very bottom then you are going to get a bad finish .

If you are not cleaning the frames properly or the glass and think that all windows can be done within a few seconds like the slap & dash lads then a bad finish is exactly what you will get .

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:10:27 am »
I splash and dash my own house windows and they come up immaculate, every time.  I'm just looking out of one now and it's fine.

I can't remember the last time I had a customer complaint - that's not to say we do a perfect job - but I find a job doesn't have to be done perfectly.  Good enough is good enough.

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:00 am »
If your using pencil jets DONT. Use fan jets, for high flow. Pencil for med/low

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
I splash and dash my own house windows and they come up immaculate, every time.  I'm just looking out of one now and it's fine.

I can't remember the last time I had a customer complaint - that's not to say we do a perfect job - but I find a job doesn't have to be done perfectly.  Good enough is good enough.

Tosh you have plenty of years of experience .

I am sure some lads have watched videos on YouTube and think every job can be done at lightining speed .

Niavity is a downfall were some lads will struggle with WFP but custys will keep them even after years of doing a crap job .

I have picked a few up recently and sills have not been done in years I could see the green alage on upstairs windows when standing on their driveway .

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 02:00:04 pm »
What you require is "optimum" flow. Set via a controller this way you can have it exactly as you wish for any situation at the touch of a button.

matthewprice

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »
I like a strong flow rate but not usually full power I have 3mm pencil jets.on one brush I have 4 jets and I love it.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 02:21:37 pm »
As part of our RF range we do offer a Wash - Rinse controller. This includes a three button key fob. One button allows you to switch the pump. You then set the normal flow rate on the controller. A sub menu allows you to set a rinse boost setting.

EG wash flow rate 50
Rinse boost set to 30

Push the rinse button and the flow will increase from 50 to 80. Once you have finished rinsing press wash and flow returns to 50.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Jonny 87

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 05:04:06 pm »
The problem is your saying high flow, when in reality your meaning high pressure.

I use 3mill pencil jets which give a much better flow with less pressure and splash back.

This video demonstrates it really well.

http://youtu.be/LHS_Yqg1tF4

2 mill jets are pointless in my opinion, unless you prefer saving water to doing a good job as quick as possible. I go through more water than most, but I always get good results and I work very quickly.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Matt.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 06:49:18 pm »
Interesting video mate,

so I like to put a lot if water on the window, and was thinking of getting 10 or 12 lpm pump,  based on the info in the video I would have to use 4mm jets !! To accommodate the flo

Am I right in saying this, and couldn't the splashes be prevented by holding the brush on the glass.

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »
Interesting video mate,

so I like to put a lot if water on the window, and was thinking of getting 10 or 12 lpm pump,  based on the info in the video I would have to use 4mm jets !! To accommodate the flo

Am I right in saying this, and couldn't the splashes be prevented by holding the brush on the glass.

To a degree you can prevent splashes from holding the brush as close as possible, but in the real world it's difficult to do, and on hydrophobic glass it will still splash everywhere no matter how close you hold it.

Another reason I like a bigger jet, is that it's a lot more forgiving with vents, because the water isn't shooting out 5 or 6 feet, you can clean vents without squirting water right inside them.

It's flow we want in this game. Not pressure.

Just like if you were rinsing your car from soap suds, the most efficient way to do it would be to put the tap on full blast, and just have the water coming straight out the hose pipe (no hoselock fitting etc).

You can't have too much flow, but you can have too much pressure.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher