Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Leeds

Trolley Reel Handle keeps snapping off.
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:43:21 am »
I've got a garden hose reel fixed onto my trolley that I use for me wfp hose. Anyway after some use the handle snaps off (plastic).

What do I do? Can you get a metal hose reel small and light enough for a trolley or is there any other solutions?

Thank you!

Smudger

Re: Trolley Reel Handle keeps snapping off.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »
Not to be rude, but buy some professional quality equipment

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 07:33:38 pm »
I don't hold much hope for plastic hose reel handle, I have snapped 2 metal ones recently, replacements are about £10.

Leeds

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 08:07:23 pm »
Not to be rude, but buy some professional quality equipment

Darran

I built the trolley myself, I didn't fancy spending ridiculous money on pre built trolleys. I didn't need that kind of expense, especially on a budget when starting out.

When I get a van mounted system, I'll get a metal professional reel.

For now, any suggestions?

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:21:40 pm »
Mate, I bought my first reel for about £60 off circuit hydraulics I bought my second for £10 off eBay. I bought my third for £20 off eBay. Bought 2 spare handles off circuit hydraulics for £12 each.
I also picked my trolley system up off ebay for £80 with charger

You just got to shop about, as it pays to shop. There is plenty of used hose and reels going for about £30-£40 on eBay, and most can be posted just sort it with the seller.

There was a full system on eBay up north east for £200, I would of bought if I could of got it shipped.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

jimmy boots

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »
I've got a garden hose reel fixed onto my trolley that I use for me wfp hose. Anyway after some use the handle snaps off (plastic).

What do I do? Can you get a metal hose reel small and light enough for a trolley or is there any other solutions?

Thank you!

Mate, I have just built another Heavy duty Trolley with a reel on it. I have done a step by step how I did it. Not on this forum though  ;)