Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackadder

Space vac
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:28:58 pm »
Got a space vac gutter cleaning machines with carbon fibre poles last year and have been (mostly) happy with it but at times, when the poles get a bit damp, they are sometimes impossible to fit together/take apart.
Anyone else get this issue? I'm thinking of taking a coarse piece of sand paper to the end connectors!

rah

Re: Space vac
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:52:16 am »
You need to wash them out each time.

I had they Ali poles, just switched to carbon. First time I used it, couldn't get them apart. soaked them and eventually got them apart. Something I've never had a issue with again.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Oliver @ GrippaTank

Re: Space vac
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:04 am »
You need to wash them out each time.

I had they Ali poles, just switched to carbon. First time I used it, couldn't get them apart. soaked them and eventually got them apart. Something I've never had a issue with again.
We would agree with this - but also using a non-oil based PTFE spray to keep the tubes lubricated will also help (which we sell for £5.50 + vat) - also which way around do you the use pole (i.e male taper facing up or down?)
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk