Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

little electric shocks from cleaning solar panels?
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:06:55 pm »
today i cleaned 14 solar panels for one of my regulars and im sure i was getting little electric shocks down my right arm as i was poling!i had rubber gloves on with rubber soled boots and i was holding the insulated base section of my extreme 47.

was i just imagining this or could it really happen? ::)roll

ive never had this before when cleaning solar panels.

cheers in advance lads.
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

Re: little electric shocks from cleaning solar panels?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:18:34 pm »
today i cleaned 14 solar panels for one of my regulars and im sure i was getting little electric shocks down my right arm as i was poling!i had rubber gloves on with rubber soled boots and i was holding the insulated base section of my extreme 47.

was i just imagining this or could it really happen? ::)roll

ive never had this before when cleaning solar panels.

cheers in advance lads.
Now this should have been your 10,000th post!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 05:18:49 pm »
That's weird as I swear I felt an electric shock today while poling but I was just doing windows  ???

chris turner

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:28:03 pm »
Sounds like it was all in your head dazmond!
You spend to much time on this forum, solar Steves recent posts probably floating round in there....

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:32:21 pm »
Dazmond, there's one space left on Steve's training course - you know you want to.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:52:44 pm »
It can happen Dazmond.  I think I know why but wouldn't be able to give a conclusive answer without speaking to you further.  I'm available all day on April 25th if you want to discuss!   ;)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 06:07:38 pm »
the feeling i was getting down my right arm at times was like static electricity when you sometimes touch a car in summer but slightly milder.

capn sparkle

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:27:56 pm »
Dazmond if you feel the 25th April is too far away!! I'm running an alternative course for like minded people on April 1st.. ;D

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 06:31:34 pm »
Dazmond if you feel the 25th April is too far away!! I'm running an alternative course for like minded people on April 1st.. ;D

;D ;D ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 07:16:13 pm »
shocking :P ;D ;D

ptwt

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »
 If you want to clean solar panels and need info why not go to a reputable local installation company rather than ask joe bloggs on the Internet. I personally don't clean solar panels but if I did I would be going to someone who's guidance was reliable, and i would thank them by giving them a big stack of business cards for their clients.😜

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 12:02:12 am »
If you want to clean solar panels and need info why not go to a reputable local installation company rather than ask joe bloggs on the Internet. I personally don't clean solar panels but if I did I would be going to someone who's guidance was reliable, and i would thank them by giving them a big stack of business cards for their clients.😜

ive cleaned a fair few solar panels over the last few years with no problems mate.all for existing window cleaning customers.its easy money and usually repeat business once or twice a year.i just wondered if anybody else had any similar experiences when cleaning them.

Elfyn

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 06:22:01 am »
I sometimes get static electric shocks when I'm gutter vacing - it's the carbon poles.

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 07:57:06 am »
One of my customers had a massive shock from his array.

When I charged him £80 an hour to clean them.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:23 am »
I sometimes get static electric shocks when I'm gutter vacing - it's the carbon poles.

Had the same with aluminium poles as well. The debris creates static as it flies down the pole.

ptwt

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 03:49:20 pm »

ive cleaned a fair few solar panels over the last few years with no problems mate.all for existing window cleaning customers.its easy money and usually repeat business once or twice a year.i just wondered if anybody else had any similar experiences when cleaning them.
Surely thinking you've had small electric shocks is a problem? I find it hard to believe that you  would get a shock from them as they are made to withstand the elements so will be water proof. The point I was making was to get peace of mind would be relatively easy and potentially get you more customers for solar pannel cleaning.