Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ashbash

Gooseneck on poles
« on: November 23, 2014, 07:54:23 pm »
Can somebody explain to me the crack with the gooseneck on poles. I presume there better than a standard adapter but why??
Thanks ash ???

Smudger

Re: Gooseneck on poles
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »
What do you call standard?

We use the plastic angle adaptors ( adjustable gooseneck ) as standard.
Some work needs a longer neck to reach or get the angle you need to get over a roof edge, conny or deep sill windows.

Why people use a fixed gooseneck for everyday domestic work is beyond me, but it works for them and that's what matters. I like to adjust the head for uppers and lowers, but that just what I prefer.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

David stewart

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:28:19 pm »
As Darran says, they can make a huge difference especially on 2nd floor windows upwards where a standard length angle adaptor would leave the pole rubbing and scraping along the edge of the sill.
Can't understand either how some use the fixed carbon gooseneck as I adjust it depending on what angle you are standing to a window, mostly I use the same angle but there's always cases where it has to be adjusted plus definitely for skylights.

robert mitchell

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
I use a fixed carbon gooseneck and sill brush and it works fine for all my windows ......I only put the adjustable on for gutters .

I did try fixed gooseneck with a standard brush and it didn't work well .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

ChumBucket

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:14:21 pm »
How you all manage without a swivel neck is beyond me!!  ;D Gardiners have just released a new "long neck" version & it's fantastic!

Couldn't work without a swivel head.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:44:11 am »
 ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience