Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Anyone had a bespoke software package written?
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:51:56 am »
To run their business.

Because the way I do things is quite different to most my business never fits with aworka, George ect. I run everything manually on spread sheets. With 4 vans and 5 guys out every day with another on the cards for next year things are getting away from me in the office. I will be  starting to contact software companies to work with me on designing a package to automate everything from text alerts to daily schedules and late payments ect. I am wondering who else may have done this already, what the experience was like and can you recommend the people that did it for you. I'm not interested in one man band programmers, only proper software companies with proper support and back up.

Thanks
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Soupy

Re: Anyone had a bespoke software package written?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 10:00:59 am »
My software was bespoke to me. Best there was - at the time.

The drawback is, if things change (gocardless, and smartphones spring to mind) you're gonna have to stump up again to get up to date. Either that or fall behind the competition.

Two words.

Cleaner planner.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 10:11:58 am »
Lee, I also like to operate using paper worksheets, so you can see work in advance of what you're doing.

Rob has condensed this info into a one line per customer worksheet, which fits a lot more jobs on the page than excel used to.

If there's a particular function missing from cleanerplanner than is imperative to the way you work, just speak to him, as I'm sure he'll be happy to implement it for you.

Cheers
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 10:28:22 am »
I haven't made the switch to cleaner planner yet, there are a few key bits and pieces that my software does and cleaner planner doesn't.

Shouldn't be long now though...

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 10:38:59 am »
Hi Lee,

Hope you are well - as said before deffo speak to Rob - Cleaner Planner top guy - I reckon you will like CP but Rob is ace at bespokeing too. Speak to him - you will not be disappointed - and knowing from our past chats - you will be pleased to hear you can back this up onto the cloud and export all information to excel at ANYTIME. Also Rob can import any information you hold too .
Mrs Smudger x
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 10:48:07 am »
To run their business.

Because the way I do things is quite different to most my business never fits with aworka, George ect. I run everything manually on spread sheets. With 4 vans and 5 guys out every day with another on the cards for next year things are getting away from me in the office. I will be  starting to contact software companies to work with me on designing a package to automate everything from text alerts to daily schedules and late payments ect. I am wondering who else may have done this already, what the experience was like and can you recommend the people that did it for you. I'm not interested in one man band programmers, only proper software companies with proper support and back up.

Thanks

Why don't you get a part time admin assistant to help with all the scheduling, chasing payments etc..?

I think that if you automate too much using software you loose a vital hands on aspect of running the business... I think it's better to keep your finger on the pulse and be responsible for checking payments have come in etc.. Otherwise you will just start fire fighting problems and your new "free" time will be taken up with things like customers complaining they have been chased for payment when they have actually paid, a job being done on the wrong day etc...

So... Although I'm all up for using technology - I don't think you can get it to do everything for you.

Andy  ;)

billozz

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 06:59:57 am »
does cleaner planner give you the option to enter expenses etc or help with tax calcs when the time comes?
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 07:30:44 am »
does cleaner planner give you the option to enter expenses etc or help with tax calcs when the time comes?

You can do profit/expenses etc

I aint that clued up on it yet, so i will leave it to the experts.

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 09:01:06 am »

It does, yes.

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 09:03:50 am »
To run their business.

Because the way I do things is quite different to most my business never fits with aworka, George ect. I run everything manually on spread sheets. With 4 vans and 5 guys out every day with another on the cards for next year things are getting away from me in the office. I will be  starting to contact software companies to work with me on designing a package to automate everything from text alerts -cleaner planner to daily schedules - cleaner planner and late payments -cleaner planner (work in progress) ect what specifically etc do you mean?. I am wondering who else may have done this already, what the experience was like and can you recommend the people that did it for you. I'm not interested in one man band programmers, only proper software companies with proper support and back up - can't fault Rob on support.

Thanks