Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave the rave

Re: Hose reel length
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »
Use 100 and regularly have it all out

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 06:09:38 pm »
at least 20 times a month i need the full 100m.better to have it than coming up short. :)
price higher/work harder!

Positivity

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 04:39:42 pm »
Best of both worlds  chop 30 metres off, put connectors on, keep in the van and only connect when you need it that's what I do.
Hardly ever have to use it.

What's the advantage of that? Surely it's easier to have the extra 30m coiled up on the reel where it should be?
Like I said I only have to use it once in a blue moon. 70 mtrs plenty for my work occasionally can't park or new jobs need a bit extra length. Why lift 100 mtrs in and out when you can make things easier??

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 05:58:23 pm »
i dont lift 100m out.i never take the reel out.i havent done for 2 years now.much easier with a fixed reel in the van. ;)
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 08:44:49 pm »
Best of both worlds  chop 30 metres off, put connectors on, keep in the van and only connect when you need it that's what I do.
Hardly ever have to use it.

What's the advantage of that? Surely it's easier to have the extra 30m coiled up on the reel where it should be?
Like I said I only have to use it once in a blue moon. 70 mtrs plenty for my work occasionally can't park or new jobs need a bit extra length. Why lift 100 mtrs in and out when you can make things easier??

Why bother lifting it anywhere

Leave it in the van.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

colin bird

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:59 am »
100m hose is the way to go,I do a road where I have 14 jobs having a 100 m hose saves me moving van.
If your short of cash,personally I would borrow some money to fund a decent set up,as trying to do it on the cheap May come back and bite you in the arse
In my opinion start with a good set up, less grief,and allows you to concentrate on developing your business and makes you look professional,and not cheap

Positivity

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 08:57:19 am »
i dont lift 100m out.i never take the reel out.i havent done for 2 years now.much easier with a fixed reel in the van. ;)
Hi Daz and Soupy
How do you get on working like that? I tried it for a while but didn't get on with it and found it O.K. when pulling straight out of the rear of the van but if running hose forward to the front of the van I found it dragging under the van bumper or down the sides of the tyres.

Soupy

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 10:20:22 am »
Hi Daz and Soupy
How do you get on working like that? I tried it for a while but didn't get on with it and found it O.K. when pulling straight out of the rear of the van but if running hose forward to the front of the van I found it dragging under the van bumper or down the sides of the tyres.

It's something we've spent more time and money on that anything else.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.